Although Disney Premier Passport holders have a full year of access to the theme parks in Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort with no blockout dates, they haven’t exactly been able to visit Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park very much this year.
Both parts closed over 6 months ago and have yet to reopen. Earlier this year, Disney reached out to its Premier Passport holders regarding certain policy changes. Now, Disney is reaching out to Premier Passport holders again to give them an update.
Disney has informed its Premier Passport holders that, in the coming weeks, Disney will actually be applying certain extensions to Premier Passports that are “on the verge of expiration.”
Specifically, Disney has noted, it will be making 30-day extensions to the Premier Passports that are set to expire soon to ensure that they remain active and are available to make Park Pass reservations at Disney World while Disneyland’s theme parks remain closed.
Disney will continue to make these extensions on a monthly basis until a reopening date for the Disneyland Resort theme parks is identified. At that time, Disney has said that “a final extension will be applied to all Premier Passports based on the theme park closure period.”
Disneyland appears to be actively preparing for its reopening and we’ve heard some analysts note that Disneyland could “comfortably” operate at 50% capacity and maintain social distancing when it reopens. But, a reopening date has yet to be set for the Disneyland Resort theme parks. We’re keeping our eyes open for more news related to Disneyland’s reopening, so be sure to come back for more updates.
Recent Stories About Disneyland
- PHOTOS: Celebrate Disneyland with These New Starbucks Mugs and Ornaments!
- We Just Found TONS of New Masks at Downtown Disney in Disneyland!
- NEWS: Disneyland Prepares for Reopening By Installing More Than 23,000 Safety Measures to Its Parks and Resorts
- Disney Expands Inclusive-Apparel Line With New Adaptive Ears
- Catal’s Breakfast With Santa Is Back for 2020 at Downtown Disney — With a Few Changes
- Governor Newsom Discusses Why California Theme Parks Can’t Reopen Despite Reopenings Elsewhere
- NEWS: Disneyland Union Announces That 200 Cast Members Will Be Returning to Work Soon
- It’s Time to Haul Out the Holly! Here’s ALL the Holiday Merchandise Coming to the Disney Parks This Year!
- NEWS: Workers United Local 50 Provides Details on Cast Members Returning to Work in Disneyland
- Make a Reservation NOW to Pick Up These New Vinyl Figurines at an Exclusive Disneyland Shopping Event!