Our Halloween dreams have been coming to life in Disney World as Mickey pumpkins have swept over the parks, themed balloons are floating along, and spooky Character Cavalcades have given us hot and cold running chills.
While our hearts are so full right now (and our stomachs too, especially with that new Pumpkin Ice Cream Martini), we’ve also loved seeing the characters and Cast Members dressed in their Halloween best! But, now Disney is inviting YOU to cast a spell over everyone with your own costume handiwork.
For the first time, D23 is hosting the Halloween Mousequerade as a virtual costume contest for fans to show off their own Disney-inspired designs. D23 General, Gold, and Gold Family Members will be able to enter from September 17th through October 1st for a chance to win a $500 Disney Gift Card.
While the Grand Prize Winner will receive a $500 Disney Gift Card, the First Runner Up Winner will grab a $250 card and Second Runner Up Winner will get a $100 card. Celebrity judges, who will be revealed soon, will judge the photo submissions of D23 members’ costumes based on these following qualifications:
Innovative use of materials
Relevance to the theme, “All Things Disney”
In order to enter the Halloween Mousequerade, participants must register for a D23 account. Then, fans are able to submit up to 3 photos of an original costume inspired by the theme “All Things Disney.” Do you think Kronk would win?
Entry begins at 12AM PST on September 17th and ends at 11:59PM PST on October 1st. Semi-Finalists will be asked to participate in video entry as well, beginning at 9AM PST on October 13th through 9AM PST on October 20th. The official rules can be found on the D23 website as you begin planning what outfit you’re going to build!
D23 will then host a Halloween Mousequerade event on the website, Facebook, and YouTube channel on October 31st to announce the winners! You can tune in to watch the tricks and treats at 5PM EST/ 2PM PST on Halloween to see the amazing outfits your fellow Disney fans have created!
We cannot WAIT to see some of the gorgeous costumes that fans bring to life, since the D23 Expo has been known to feature some of the most detailed costumes EVER. And, in the meantime, we’ll continue to take you around Disney World to check out all the other Halloween goodies hitting the parks!
Have you been to a D23 Expo before? Let us know in the comments below!
Halloween Has Begun!
- No Park Pass? No Problem! You Can Still Get ALL These Halloween Treats in Disney Springs
- Get Your First Look at TONS More Halloween Treats Making Their Way to Disney World!
- PHOTOS! We Spotted Halloween Balloons in Magic Kingdom Today!
- This Year’s 31 Nights of Halloween Lineup on Freeform Has Been Released!
- Shanghai Disney Resort Will Host Tons of Fall-Themed Activities This Year — Including an Entire Duffy Month!
- It’s Fall, Y’all! Here Are All the Halloween Treats Coming to Disney World This Year!
- Your Furry Friend Can Dress Up as Baby Yoda (and Much More) for Halloween!
- Trick or Treat! The New Disney Halloween Merchandise Collection Has Arrived Online!
- You NEED to See the Haunted Mansion Crocs That Have Materialized Online!
- Check Out These Frighteningly Adorable Mickey and Minnie Halloween Funko POPs!