Do you ever say to your friends, “Hey guys, what should we do for the photo?” before riding Space Mountain? My friends and I literally do this every time we hop on one of the 13 rides at Disney World that have an on-ride photo.
We thought it would be super fun and useful if we came up with a list of unexpected on-ride poses so you don’t have to contemplate what to do the next time you’re ready to snap a photo on a ride!
Rides With Photos
At Disney World: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, DINOSAUR, Expedition Everest, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Pirates of the Caribbean, Slinky Dog Dash, Frozen Ever After, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and, as of last week, Haunted Mansion, all offer on-ride photos.
- Reenacting moments. I love pretending to be a character from my favorite Disney films while on the rides. It is always fun to see if your friends or family can guess who you were trying to be! I also enjoy coordinating character poses, especially with large groups. One of my favorites is for a group of eight. While riding on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, you and your large group can pose as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It makes for a really cute shot and it goes perfectly with the ride!
- Looking away from the camera. I think that this is a really fun one to do on Space Mountain since it’s easy to forget which side the camera is on anyway. As a helpful tip though, the camera is located on whichever side the ride vehicle turns toward.
- Bringing props. A few fun props include board games of any sort, turkey legs (I’ve seen it happen), and floaties. Some type of float device would be fun on Splash Mountain or even Pirates. Another fun one for Splash or Pirates is ponchos. If the whole family hides beneath them or has them on, it makes for a really cute photo. I have also seen people play cards or bring a chess board onto rides as well. This one is really fun if you are traveling in a pair.
- Coordinated poses. This is sort of like the idea above, except it doesn’t have to be Disney themed. For example, the last time I visited the Magic Kingdom my group and I took up an entire log on Splash Mountain. We decided that it would be SO funny if we were all pretending to be rowing for the picture.
You could all be rock stars on Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster or pirates on Pirates of the Carribean. The poses themselves might not be unexpected, but it does make a huge statement when everyone in your party does the same pose! It also creates a picture that you would actually want to print and frame!
- Showing no reaction. This is an option that I LOVE to use on the scarier rides like DINOSAUR or Tower of Terror. People always want to pretend like they’re terrified on these rides… or maybe they ARE terrified? But I love showing no reaction at all. It is much more unexpected and you’ll likely stand out in the crowd of other riders.
- Proposing for prom and marriage. This one is probably the most unexpected of the options we’ve come up with! Most of the time, the one proposing will create some sort of paper or poster with the question written on it. They lift it or show it just in time for the photo in hopes that the person they’re proposing to doesn’t notice. It is always so fun to see their reaction when they view the ride photo. My best friend actually asked his girlfriend to prom on Tower of Terror and it was SO cute! She had NO idea he was going to ask and they now have a souvenir of the moment!
What are your favorite on-ride poses? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to know more about on-ride photos and PhotoPass? Check out these posts:
- Disney World’s 13th Attraction PhotoPass is Everything You Hoped It Would Be!
- The Best PhotoPass Opportunities in Walt Disney World
- Top Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot Locations Currently in Magic Kingdom
- Full List of Disney World Attractions with In-Ride PhotoPass Photos
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss news of any of the latest Disney news!