Recipes ‘Ohana Breakfast Bread ‘Ohana Polynesian Resort
Yield 1 – 9″ x 13″ cake pan Ingredients
1 3/4 C. Water
1 Egg Yolk
2 T. Shortening
4 1/2 C. High Gluten Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 C Sugar
1 T. Instant Yeast
1 C. Crushed pineapple
1 C. Unsweetened coconut
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Cornstarch
1. Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.
3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
4. Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.
5. Fold dough onto itself, capturing the pineapple and coconut mixture inside.
6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in a greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) – about half way up the pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let bread cool, cut and serve.
You may want to brush on a thin, sweet glaze as well.