Recipes Ginger Chicken Marinade Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show Polynesian
Yield: 1/2 quart marinade
1 tablespoon Granulated onion
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
3 tablespoons Fresh ground ginger
To Taste Hot chili sauce
2 tablespoons Fresh minced garlic
Pinch ground black pepper
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1 Bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon Five spices (Blend of: cinnamon, fennel, anise seed, crushed pepper, and diced ginger)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1. Wash, peel and mince the ginger. Peel and mince garlic.
2. In a food processor, combine ginger, garlic, bay leaves, soy sauce, Dijon Mustard, chili, granulated onion, black pepper, salt, five spices, and cumin.
3. Blend at medium speed until smooth and pasty then slowly add Canola oil.
4. Check seasoning to taste. Add marinade to chicken pieces, mix well and store in refrigerator for 12 hours.
5. Place chicken pieces in roasting pan; set oven temperature at 350 degrees and bake about 40 minutes until a nice golden brown color. (Use cooked juice to baste the chicken before serving.) Digital thermometer may be used to check cooking temperature; must be 165 degrees F and above.