Recipe Meyer Lemon Risotto with Shrimp, Scallops and Mascarpone Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Yield: 4 servings
6 Each Meyer Lemons
1 Cup Pure Olive Oil
1 Each Small Yellow Onion
2 Cups Arborio Rice
2 Cups White Wine
6 Ounces Small Shrimp
6 Ounces Small Scallops
4 Cups Stock (Chicken, Vegetable, or Clam Juice)
1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Mascarpone
Sea Salt (to taste)
White Pepper (to taste)
Garnish with Blanched Lemon Zest
Method of Preparation:
- Peel the rind from the lemons with a vegetable peeler or sharp paring knife. Be careful not to peel any of the white pith from the lemon.
- Place the oil and lemon peel in a small sauce pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Lightly simmer the oil for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain the oil. Juice the peeled lemons and reserve the liquid.
- Small dice the yellow onion. Using a heavy gauged bottom pot, add the lemon oil.
- Allow the oil to get hot and add the diced onion. Sweat the onions until translucent.
- Add the Arborio rice to the pot. Stir with a wooden spoon and allow the rice to lightly toast for five minutes.
- Add the white wine and bring to a simmer while stirring. Allow the rice to completely absorb the wine while stirring the entire time.
- Add half of the neutral stock. Chicken stock, fish stock, or clam juice may be used. Bring the rice back to a simmer, constantly stirring.
- Allow the rice to absorb the stock completely. Add the remaining stock and the seafood.