Recipe Cornbread and Apple Stuffing Garden Grill, The Land, Epcot
Yield: 8 servings
2 apples, small diced
1 16-ounce package cornbread stuffing mix, any commercial brand
1 cup butter
½ cup apple cider
1 cup turkey or chicken stock
1 cup small diced celery
1 large onion, small diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash, clean and small dice the onion and celery into 1 bowl. Wash, peel and small dice the apples and set aside.
2. Heat the turkey or chicken stock, apple cider and the seasoning package, bring it up to a slow simmer.
3. In a sauté pan, heat up the butter until hot. Add celery, onions, apples and sage. Sauté until tender.
4. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and sautéed vegetables. Then pour the hot liquid over the stuffing mix and blend well.
5. Pour into a casserole dish for serving.