Most Recent Reviews

Review of Casey's Corner

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

This place is always busy. There are a few seats indoors but for the most part you have to hover outside in the hopes someone gets up from the tables. Food is good with large portions. There isn't a kids menu here so it's a good choice for older kids that are still on the kids meal plan. Great spot in front of the castle. We timed our visit right to enjoy the piano player as well.

Pros:

Large portions

Cons:

Seating

Review of Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

This was the best "experience" we had while at Disney. The food was delicious. French onion soup and the appetizer of cured meats etc. was fabulous. Four of us had steak, including my son. The will substitute fries for the sweet potatoes on the kids meal. The Beast's walk through was a little lack luster but the pictures taken in the study were nice. We had a 7:20 reservation and had to hurry to catch the Beast for pictures before he left at 9. The wait staff gave us plenty of time to go back and explore the West Wing. We were seated in the ballroom and it is very beautiful.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Review of Biergarten - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

This place never disappoints. Food is plentiful and good. May be difficult to feed the picky eater, especially kids. Everything was delicious. Sitting with others can be a little awkward and may deter others. The band was great. Don't miss the Sound of Music songs on the cow bells. It's great.

Pros:

Great atmosphere

Review of Backlot Express

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

Hamburgers were great. Wonderful self service area for adding extras to your burger. Quick, great options for seating. My son and I shared a burger and it was more than enough for the two of us.

Pros:

Great burgers

Review of Yak and Yeti Restaurant

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

This was by far the best meal our family had. While I can't remember the name of the dish I ate it was steak and shrimp and was absolutely delicious. Everyone agreed that this was a really good meal.

Pros:

Wonderful atmosphere and food

Cons:

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by disneyhappy09 Review Date: 02/02/2013

Our family stayed here 1/26-2/1 Great time, quick check in. We made a room request and it was honored. Stayed in Royal Room in Oak Manor. It was really pretty and I'm sure those with little princesses would appreciate it more. Don't know if I'd pay extra for the Royal Room again but the building was centrally located. We often walked across the parking lot behind our building to the East Depot. I agree with others that this resort is very large and I can imagine staying in other buildings would require quite a walk to food etc. Our stay was wonderful. Mousekeeping was just that, no frills or extras. Would definitely stay there again and next time I'd like to enjoy the resort more. Thanks.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds, good food

Cons:

Shares bus with French Quarter

Review of Flying Fish Cafe

Reviewed by waltercox Review Date: 02/02/2013

We dined here 2 times this trip. The first time we considered the experience was a 2. A week later we dined there again giving a 2nd chance. Still a 2. Service was poor and food quality was only acceptable. Not to our expectations of a Signature restaurant. Our party of 4 is dry. It seemed to us that after ordering water (both times) it was the kiss of death. Our waiter came to the table and asked if we were ready to order yet. No suggestions or recommendations. The table next to us all ordered alcohol and his helpfulness to them appeared exceptional. The tuna was brought out cold. Fish quality was good, but seared tuna should be served at the right time.

Pros:

Location

Cons:

service

Review of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by WDWinMD Review Date: 02/02/2013

We had dinner here on 17 January. This was our first time here and I followed the consistent recommendation on this site to try the Charred Strip Steak and 5-cheese macaroni - it was one of the best meals I have had at WDW. My son had the spaghetti and meatballs and thought it was pretty good, my wife had the Penne alla Vodka with shrimp and thought it was excellent. We enjoyed the Chocolate Cannoli Cake and Gelato for dessert. Our server was very friendly and attentive, it was a very nice evening.

Pros:

Food, Server

Review of Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by WDWinMD Review Date: 02/02/2013

We ate here on 18 January. My son and I had the steak and thought it was excellent. My wife had the Scottish salmon and also thought it was great. Our server was attentive and checked on us in a timely fashion. For dessert we had the chocolate wave and the Champagne Sabayon Tart and were very happy with both. The only negatives were that we had to wait about 25 minutes past our reservation time and a "tour" was in the aquarium for the last half of our dinner - they came over to waive to the restaurant guests but that kept the fish and other inhabitants out of our view.

Pros:

Food, Aquarium View, Service

Cons:

Wait past our reservation

Review of Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewed by WDWinMD Review Date: 02/02/2013

We had a wonderful dinner with excellent service. My son and I had the steak and both thought it was great. My wife had the shrimp and scallops and said it was "very good". The atmosphere in the ballroom was wonderful and we enjoyed meeting The Beast.

Pros:

Atmosphere, food

1 1,593 1,594 1,595 1,596 1,597 1,643