Walt Disney World Woody’s Lunch Box Tarts Recipe
- 1 puff pastry sheet or pie crust rolled out
- fruit jam (choose your favorite or mix a few together!)
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup low fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring, of choice
- sprinkles, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. If needed, set out puff pastry sheet to thaw.
- Cut puff pastry or crust into 6 equal rectangles.
- Make an egg wash by whisking 1 egg and 1-2 tablespoons of milk together.
- Coat edges of half of the dough rectangles with egg wash.
- Place a few tablespoons of fruit jam in the center and spread, leaving room on the edges.
- Place a second piece of puff pastry on top of each. Use your fingers to push the edges together, and then seal with a fork.
- Poke a few sets of holes with the fork in the top of each pasty.
- Bake on wax paper or lightly greased cookie sheet for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- While pastries are baking, make your icing! Simply mix all ingredients together.
- When the pastries are done, let them cool slightly and then top with icing and sprinkles.Let the icing harden a bit and then…
Based on Tasty’s receipe.