If you’re planning a trip to Universal Studios in Florida and are wondering what plant-based options will be available, we can tell you one thing for sure: They’ve gotten much better. It wasn’t all that long ago that the only way for vegan diners to curb hunger was by snacking on fruit cups or ordering plain salads for a meal.
Universal Studios has a variety of vegan options at its restaurants, and we’re going to talk about ALL your options.
Before your Universal Studios outing, be sure to verify that menu items haven’t changed. Vegan items are indicated with (VG) on official Universal Studios websites and VEGAN here at AllEars.
Be sure to note your allergens or food preferences with your server at sit-down meals and speak with the food service team member at fast food locations for specific dietary needs.
Universal Studios Florida
Cafe La Bamba
Stop here when you’re craving Southern California Mexican eats. Can we recommend a mimosa?!
- Fresh Salsa Flight – hand cut Pico de Gallo, roasted corn salsa and spicy tomatillo with lime salted corn tortilla chips.
- Lime Salt Chips & Guacamole
- Lime Salt Chips
- Vegan Burrito. Order with Vegan Chorizo as your protein – flour tortilla, cilantro rice, black beans, choice of protein, vegan cheese and pico de gallo.
- Vegan Burrito Deluxe … comes with the ingredients in the vegan burrito + guacamole, vegan sour cream and roasted corn salsa.
- Vegan Burrito Bowl – served in a bowl with no tortilla, cilantro rice, black beans, choice of protein, vegan cheese and pico de gallo.
- Deluxe Vegan Burrito Bowl … comes with the ingredients in the vegan burrito + guacamole, vegan sour cream and roasted corn salsa.
- Vegan Salad – chopped romaine lettuce, choice of protein, vegan cheese, pico de gallo and lime chipotle vinaigrette.
- Vegan Tacos – 3 soft flour tortillas with choice of protein, vegan cheese and pico de gallo.
Central Park Crepes
Yes, we love a crepe! This savory option can be found over at Central Park Crepes in Universal Studios Florida — the Vegan Sausage Crepe.
The Vegan Sausage crepe is made with vegan mozzarella, Gardein plant-based sausage, vegan pesto, diced tomatoes, and balsamic glaze.
Sometimes, balsamic can become too overpowering on items like this, but we found the glaze to be a nice, sweet complement to the tender sausage patty.
Finnegan’s Bar & Grill
Finnegan’s is an Irish pub that serves beer on tap and cozy vibes. We’re fans of the friendly bartenders.
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie is seasoned Beyond® meat, mushrooms, peas and carrots, topped with vegan mashed red bliss potatoes.
- The Leprechaun’s Rainbow Salad has a colorful array of fresh fruits served with strawberry sorbet.
Yep, we’re starting with this iconic beverage because a non-dairy version was introduced with a vegan topping. You’ll need to head to the quick service location — Leaky Cauldron (in Diagon Alley) to buy the vegan drink.
There, you can order the non-dairy drink in cold or frozen varieties!
Other menu items to consider:
- Vegan Irish Stew made with a Vegan beef tip and potato stew; served with vegan crusty bread and side garden salad.
- Shepherd’s Pasty Pie made with meatless beef crumbles and a vegetable stew hand pie; served with creamy stone ground mustard dipping sauce, apple beet salad and wedge fries.
Lombard’s Seafood Grille
Head inside, and it’s like you’ve boarded an old-timey ship with iron framing and dark color palettes. It also offers a lovely view of the lake in Universal Studios Florida.
Start with the Roasted Garlic Edamame. The steamed edamame is tossed with roasted garlic sea salt and topped with black and white sesame seeds.
For an entree, try the Golden Gate Noodle Bowl. Order the vegan option … comes with tofu, udon noodles, umami laced tomato broth, baby bok choy, enoki mushrooms and Thai basil.
Louie’s Italian Restaurant
While you’ll find basic eats here, it’s a great option for picky eaters, especially kids.
- Spaghetti Bolognese with plant-based Gardein™ Italian sausage crumbles
This retro spot is fun for the whole family!
When the weather is mild, sit outside in the shade. Too hot outdoors? Venture indoors to the large, air-conditioned dining room.
- Beyond Burger Platter with fries.
- Plant-Based Chick’n Avocado Sandwich Platter with Plant-based Gardein™ Chick’n, Follow Your Heart® American cheese and fries.
Richter’s Burger Company
Richter’s Burger Company really doesn’t get enough love. This two-story restaurant is themed around earthquakes. You’re going to see columns toppling over and counters split in half.
And the burgers are for everyone — even those who eat a plant-based diet.
The Plant-Based Beyond Burger Platter features burgers made of — you guessed it — plant-based patties instead of meat-based patties. The platter also comes with a side of fries.
What we really enjoy about Richter’s are all the add-on options that make these burgers much more flavorful. If you’re ordering the Beyond Burger and want to add more veggies to your meal, we recommend ordering the sautéed onions and sautéed mushrooms at an extra cost.
San Francisco Pastry Company
This cozy cafe serves up baked goods and sandwiches.
- Veggie Press Sandwich with roasted Portobello, peppers, zucchini, carrots, vegan jalapeno cheese, and sun-dried tomato pesto served on cranberry artisan bread. Order with NO potato salad. Ask what other vegan-friendly side you can sub in.
- Ancient Grain Salad. SUB dressing with oil & vinegar. This salad is served with arugula, cherry tomatoes, radishes, blueberries, wheat berries, cooked farro, and pistachios.
- Vegan Elderberry Croissant
- Cold Brew Coffee … vanilla almond milk is available.
This retro soda shop offers a menu of Haagen Dazs ice cream, Dole Whip, and milkshakes!
- Dole Whip Pineapple Sorbet Cup
You’ll find salads made with fresh ingredients at the TODAY Cafe. And the sandwiches are truly underrated. Don’t miss this place when you want something other than fried food.
- Vegan Croissant
- Overnight Oats mixed with old-fashioned oats, almond milk, agave, chia seeds with seasonal berries, toasted coconut, and toasted almonds.
- I ♥ Vegan Sandwich … comes with roasted Portobello, peppers, zucchini, carrots, vegan jalapeno cheese, sun-dried tomato pesto, and pressed cranberry artisan bread served with fresh fruit.
- Park Ave Avocado Toast with smashed avocados, toasted cashews, shaved fennel, roasted tomato puree, lemon vinaigrette, arugula, radicchio, toasted artisan french bread with fresh fruit.
- Roasted Root Beets & Carrot Salad. Order with NO cheese and SUB the dressing with oil & vinegar. Served with baby spinach, quinoa, edamame, avocado, gorgonzola, and toasted walnuts.
- SOHO Salad. Order with NO prosciutto and SUB the dressing with oil & vinegar. Includes roasted cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, arugula, farro, and avocado.
- Fruit Bowl
Whether you live on a plant-based diet or not, these vegan options at Universal are worth trying at least once. And there are some delicious options that you’ll want to sample again and again!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the free list ranking rides at Universal Studios Florida! Click here to get started!
What are your favorite vegan options at Universal Studios Florida in Orlando? Let us know in the comments below!