While occasional downtimes are to be expected throughout the day at Disney World, rides and attractions also need to go through routine maintenance on a regular basis that can cause closures that last longer than just a day or two.
The winter months are more ideal times of the year for water rides to close for maintenance, as is the case over at Disneyland with Splash Mountain, which will undergo routine refurbishments in early 2022.
We’re also learning that Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom will temporarily close in the new year. The ride will not be in operation from January 10th through February 10th, 2022.
Disney World has updated their website, specifically stating that “Splash Mountain will be closed for routine maintenance.”
This means that as of right now, the closure appears to have nothing to do with the previously-announced transformation of Splash Mountain into a Princess and the Frog-themed ride.
As always, we will keep a close watch on Disney World’s operational calendar, and we will let you know when we hear of any additional scheduled closures or refurbishments!
Are you planning a trip to Disney World in 2022? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- Hollywood Studios is Scheduled to Get This Exclusive Disney World Hotel Perk for the First Time
- PHOTOS: Something BIG Is Taking Shape at the Guardians of the Galaxy Ride in EPCOT
- EXCLUSIVE: More Details on NEW Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade
- EXCLUSIVE: Opening Date Announced for Mickey’s Magical Friendship Faire in Disney World
- EXCLUSIVE: Maleficent is BACK for Festival of Fantasy in Disney World
- EXCLUSIVE: Festival of Fantasy Parade Return DATE Revealed for Disney World
- 12 Things You Can Still Get for Free in Disney World in 2022
- PHOTOS: Disney World’s Grand Floridian Spa Has Reopened!
- The Big Disney Issue Exposed by the Figment Popcorn Bucket
- We Tested Out a QUICKER Way to Meet Characters in Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!