Celebrities throughout the years have had ties to Disney is surprising ways, whether they worked as face characters or Jungle Cruise Skippers.
But, there is one big name celebrity whose possible casting would have changed a beloved Disney franchise as we know it!
Screen Rant has shared that Roberto De Niro ALMOST played the famous Captain Jack Sparrow role helmed by Johnny Depp. Although De Niro has originated some iconic roles, he turned down the offer to play Jack Sparrow since he thought that The Curse of the Black Pearl would flop in box offices.
Arguably, Johnny Depp’s portrayal of the wildly hilarious pirate catapulted the franchise to success. So, we can’t even IMAGINE how different the series would have been (or if it would have done as well) if Robert De Niro had taken over the role of Captain Jack! Along with De Niro, though, Christopher Walken and Jim Carrey were both even considered to play Jack Sparrow as well!
Stay tuned with All Ears for the latest Disney entertainment and news coming soon!
What’s been your latest Disney movie watch? Let us know in the comments below!
- Disneyland’s Recent Retweet Was a Whole CHOICE
- Lexus Has Released a NEW Line of Marvel Super Hero-Inspired Cars!
- NEWS: Disney+ Buys International Rights to ‘The Hardy Boys’ Mystery Series
- Pay-Per-Ride Prices INCREASE Heading Into the Weekend at Disney World
- PHOTOS: Disneyland Has Started Decorating for the Holidays!
- Can a Disney Genie+ Ride Ever “Sell Out”?
- PHOTOS: First Look at the New Winnie the Pooh Musical Coming to Off-Broadway
- New Mickey Mouse-Themed Plane Revealed to Celebrate Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
- All of the Disney World 50th Anniversary Merchandise You Can Find Online!
- Filming Has Begun for Disney World’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride