As the cruise line industry prepares to come back and welcome guests aboard their ships for the first time since the pandemic began, several companies have launched test cruises to make sure that proper health and safety protocol is adhered to under the latest cruising guidance.
Disney Cruise Lines, who had previously delayed their scheduled June 29th test cruise out of Port Canaveral, seems to be full steam ahead with their updated plans.
According to Spectrum News 13, Disney Cruise Line is set to conduct a “simulated cruise” out of Port Canaveral on Saturday, July 17th. The simulated cruise will take place from 9:30AM to 1:30PM and will only be offered to Cast Members who volunteer as passengers.
This will be the first launch from Port Canaveral this year, before the first revenue-generating cruise since the pandemic began takes place on July 31st. That cruise will be through Carnival Cruise Line’s Mardi Gras sailing.
Disney Cruise Line’s previously delayed plans for a June 29th simulated cruise included a two-night cruise aboard the Disney Dream. The delay came about after what was described as “inconsistent COVID-19 test results” were reported.
Currently, revenue-generating cruises aboard Disney Cruise Lines have been cancelled through this fall. We’ll continue to monitor any and all updates from Disney Cruise Line in the coming weeks and months as the industry resumes their sailings!
Do you have upcoming itineraries aboard Disney Cruise Line? Let us know in the comments!
More of the Latest News!
- COVID-19 Testing, Mask Rules, and More Updates for Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line Shares COVID-19 Testing Requirements For Return to Sailing
- BREAKING: Disney Cruise Line Sailings to Return Soon
- Themes Announced for the 2022 runDisney Marathon Weekend!
- Disney’s ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Announcement Wasn’t What We Were Expecting…
- Another Place in Orlando is Celebrating Disney World’s 50th Anniversary!
- Disney May Get Massive Tax Breaks for Relocating Employees to Florida
- Harry Potter Fans Can Walk Through the Forbidden Forest in This New Experience!
- Jeff Bezos Awards $100 Million to Jaleo Owner and Chef José Andrés
- Adventures by Disney Cancels Additional Southern California Trips Through the End of the Year
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!