Picture it: you’re in a Disney park and you’ve got your favorite Disney plush, a spirit jersey, a mug, and 3 other items you’ve just GOT to buy in your hands. Then, you turn to the checkout line and it’s incredibly long!
Well, you can SKIP those long checkout lines and still pay for your merchandise by using Disney’s Mobile Merchandise Checkout feature on the Disneyland app (in Disneyland) or the My Disney Experience app (in Disney World). So far, in Disneyland you’ve only been able to use this system at World of Disney in Downtown Disney, but now 2 other stores have joined the mix!
Previously, Disney had shared that the Emporium in Disneyland and Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure Park would soon join the “Shop in Store” mobile checkout feature. Recently, we checked the Disneyland app and saw that both are in fact listed under the Mobile Checkout option!
So, if you’re shopping around Disneyland, now you can use Mobile Checkout to purchase your items from World of Disney, Elias & Co., and the Emporium!
What exactly does Mobile Checkout do though? Well, the feature lets you select merch from around the store and pay using your phone! All you need to do is grab a mobile checkout bag, open your app, and get shopping.
When you find something you want, you use the app to scan the barcode and add it to your bag. Once you’re done, you use the app to check out, and then show your exit QR code at the designated mobile checkout exit to the Cast Member.
Keep in mind this system is technically “in testing” right now. So, its availability is subject to change. We’ll keep an eye out for more updates on Mobile Checkout and let you know what we find!
More Stories About Disneyland
- How to Celebrate Halloween at Disneyland WITHOUT A Park Ticket!
- AllEars TV: Disneyland Gave Me Nightmares
- The Most Confusing Parts of Disney Genie Explained
- PHOTOS: We’re Simply MAD About Seeing This Rare Character in the Disney Parks!
- FIRST LOOK: Carnation Cafe Has Reopened in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: Gay Days are Back at Disneyland Resort!
- Magic Key Holders Will Have After-Hours Access to Disney’s Haunted Mansion Holiday
- A New Haunted Mansion Tiki Mug is Coming Soon to Trader Sam’s in Disneyland!
- PHOTOS: First Look Inside the NEW Tenaya Stone Spa at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- Tickets Now Available For Disneyland’s Merriest Nites After Hours — But Prepare for a WAIT!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you used the Mobile Merchandise Checkout feature? Tell us in the comments!