There are several common problems that could pop up on your Disney World vacation, from inclement weather to rides breaking down. But we’re starting to learn about another problem that you might not even be thinking about!
If you’re into exploring the parks late in the evening, you may run into an interesting hiccup when it comes to finding something to eat at night.
We’ve had several readers point out the difficulty in finding anything to eat past a certain hour in the evening. Lately, the parks have been staying open a bit later than they have been in the past, starting with the Spring Break season and transitioning now to the summer travel season.
Despite those extended hours, certain dining locations have continue to close earlier in the evening, leaving guests with limited options for dinner. As of this writing, the following Magic Kingdom Quick Service dining locations close at 9PM (and stay open through park closing):
The following Magic Kingdom Quick Service dining locations close BEFORE 9PM. Keep in mind that these hours and Magic Kingdom’s park hours could be subject to change:
- Pinocchio Village Haus (closes 1 hour early at 8PM)
- Gaston’s Tavern (closes 3 hours early at 6PM)
- Friar’s Nook (closes 4 hours early at 5PM)
- Tomorrowland Terrace (closes 5 hours early at 4PM)
- Launching Pad (closes 6 hours early at 3PM)
Keep in mind that there may be additional snack carts or popcorn stands that also remain open until park closing time.
If you find yourself looking for something to eat later in the evening, remember that there may still be a few options available! Double check My Disney Experience to see what location are currently open. We also recommend you plan ahead and make sure you eat your last big meal of the day earlier in the evening (if you do not have an Advance Dining Reservation), as your options will start to dwindle as you approach park closing.
Don’t wait until 7PM or 8PM to look for food, especially if you think you’ll be hungry by then. It’s not the best feeling in the world when you realize your only option for dinner is popcorn!
We’ll continue to check on the operating hours for Disney World’s dining locations, and we’ll make sure you have the most up-to-date information ahead of your next vacation!
Have you experienced any difficulty finding dinner options later in the evening as it nears closer to park closing time? Let us know in the comments!
Disney Dining News!
- Menu Released for Disneyland Resort’s Alfresco Tasting Terrace!
- The Best Snack at Every Park in Disney World
- Score a FREE Slider at White Castle Today Only for National Slider Day!
- Another Dining Location May Reopen Soon at Disney World!
- Earn a $1,000 Hiring Bonus at 3 Disney World Restaurants!
- Check Out the Updated Menu at Disney World’s Hollywood Brown Derby!
- Which Disney World Character Meals Are Actually Worth the Money
- FIRST LOOK at Disneyland’s Blue Bayou Menu — Including NEW Alcohol Offerings!
- These Disneyland Restaurants Will Reopen SOON! Here’s How to Make Your Reservation!
- NEWS: Disneyland’s Blue Bayou Gets a Reopening Date
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!