Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is undergoing quite a bit of renovation right now.
The old monorail platform has been demolished, changes are coming to the hotel’s entrance, and the hotel’s guest rooms are getting a Moana-inspired makeover. We’ve already gotten a first look at these rooms, but today we got a closer look at more of their updated design!
Earlier today, via the Walt Disney World Cast and Community Facebook page, Disney shared another look at the renovated guest rooms in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, which are inspired by Moana! Recently, Disney World Cast Members got to view the room and now we’ve gotten a peek inside too!
Even some characters decided to stop by to see the changes! Hey there Goofy! In the photo below, you can see a bit of the curtain design, with those lovely blue colors, some of the wallpaper, and other pieces in the room.
Here’s a look at another Cast Member who stopped by for the preview! Behind them you can see some of that fantastic wallpaper featuring the demigod Maui in the center. There’s also a bit of Moana in one corner. And you can see some of the furniture in the room behind the Cast Member.
And here’s a look at more of the room and some more Cast Members. You can see the main bed is elevated and appears to have plenty of room underneath for storage. There’s a great headboard behind it with some beautiful designs, and a gorgeous photo on the side featuring Moana.
We can’t wait to see more details about these rooms and ultimately see them in person.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently scheduled to reopen in late July. Want to stay in one of these new, Moana-themed rooms? You can already get started booking your room for dates beginning in July.
We’ll continue to keep an eye out for more details about the refurbishments going on at the Polynesian and all over Disney World. Stay tuned for all the latest updates.
More Stories About Disney World
- How Did Disney World’s Wait Times Change with New Health & Safety Policies This Week?
- Here’s EVERYTHING You Need to Know About Disney’s Star Wars Hotel
- All the Entertainment That STILL Hasn’t Returned to Disney World
- How Could Disney World Change with Increased Capacity Measures?
- Festival of the Lion King Reduces Physical Distancing For Guests in Disney World
- Things We Take for Granted in Disney World
- Do These 10 Rides Deserve to Be the WORST at Walt Disney World?
- NEWS: Plexiglass Removed From Tower of Terror in Disney World
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: What the New Face Mask Policy Looks Like in Disney World
- BREAKING: Disney World Will No Longer Require Masks Outdoors
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
What do you think of the new Moana rooms? Tell us in the comments!