Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is currently undergoing a huge overhaul and renovation.
The construction will include a new entryway with changes coming to the lobby and monorail station. The guest rooms are also getting a major Moana-inspired makeover! Recently, Disney demolished a HUGE piece of the resort to make room for the renovations.
The construction has been underway for quite a few months and the monorail is currently not making stops at the resort. The monorail platform has now been completely torn down and removed from the outside of the resort.
The platform and walkway that once boarded guests are now gone. The monorail guide rails are still present and the train can pass by the resort.
You can see that the sliding glass doors now lead to nothing! The entrance doors on the top and bottom level have been closed for some time now.
The construction is slated to continue until summer 2021.
Guests can still make trips on the monorail with the train making stops at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and the Magic Kingdom. Boat transportation has also been added for guests wanting to transfer to the Magic Kingdom from the Polynesian.
We’ll continue to make our way back to the Polynesian Village Resort for more updates!
Have you stayed at the Polynesian before? Let us know in the comments below!
Disney World News!
- The Most Underrated Part of Every Walt Disney World Park
- An Animal Kingdom Ride Just Upped Its Efficiency Game!
- PHOTOS: New Harmonious Centerpiece Already Receives an Update in EPCOT!
- A Magic Kingdom Ride Had the Longest Average Wait Time in Disney World This Week!
- The BEST Part of Every EPCOT World Showcase Pavilion
- There’s a Mysterious New Photo-Op Lurking in Disney Springs
- A Closed Disney World Attraction Has a New Purpose!
- The BEST and WORST Part of Every Disney Park
- PHOTOS: Check Out ALL the EPCOT Flower and Garden Topiaries!
- PHOTOS: Harmonious Reaches a MAJOR Construction Milestone in EPCOT!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!