Crossroads is a shopping and dining area located just outside of Disney World. The center is placed at the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard near Disney Springs.
Many guests and Cast Members frequent the area for its many businesses like TGI Fridays, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a mini-golf course. The center will soon be closing as the state has acquired the property in the largest known eminent settlement at $198 million.
According to Orlando Sentinel, the Florida Department of Transportation will build a new interchange for the Interstate 4 Beyond the Ultimate expansion project at Crossroads near exit 68. Anyone who has driven I-4 near can attest the exit can get very backed up around the rush hours and when the theme parks close.
Attorneys for the FDOT and the Crossroad’s owner U.S. Cities Fund signed the final judgment with payments of about $39 million for the 25 businesses. U.S. Cities Fund received about $149.4 million and an additional $10 million for attorney fees and expenses, according to experts.
As for the future of Crossroads, the 25 businesses are still open and will vacate by the end of August 2021.
Have you visited Crossroads before? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Disney World News!
- The Most Underrated Part of Every Walt Disney World Park
- An Animal Kingdom Ride Just Upped Its Efficiency Game!
- PHOTOS: New Harmonious Centerpiece Already Receives an Update in EPCOT!
- A Magic Kingdom Ride Had the Longest Average Wait Time in Disney World This Week!
- The BEST Part of Every EPCOT World Showcase Pavilion
- There’s a Mysterious New Photo-Op Lurking in Disney Springs
- A Closed Disney World Attraction Has a New Purpose!
- The BEST and WORST Part of Every Disney Park
- PHOTOS: Check Out ALL the EPCOT Flower and Garden Topiaries!
- PHOTOS: Harmonious Reaches a MAJOR Construction Milestone in EPCOT!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!