‘Tis the season for giving!
Disney is helping give back to underserved communities with the Toys for Tots Campaign and has donated tons of Christmas lights for the Give Kids the World charity event. The Disney World culinary team is continuing the good deeds by providing Thanksgiving meals to the community.
Executive Chef James O’Donnell and his team have been busy cooking up full traditional meals with turkey, mashed potatoes, and the works! The meals will be provided at the Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida, feeding around 650 people from the area.
Disney is also donating hundreds of to-go containers and $20,000 dollars to the coalition. The money was collected from the various fountains that Disney World guests toss their coins into! Meredith Bekemeyer, director of development for the coalition made a statement to Spectrum News 13 that “this year has been challenging for everyone, and even more so for those facing the crisis of homelessness. We’re so grateful to Disney for continuing this longstanding tradition.”
Are you doing any charity work this holiday season? Let us know in the comments!
- Where in the World #673
- The Results of the AllEars Mickey Outfit Throwdown Final Four Are In! Which Looks Will Face Off for the Win?
- Three Disney Crossword Puzzles to Do While You Wait for Your Next Trip
- A NEW Character Just Arrived at Disney’s Aulani Resort!
- Analyst Upgrades Walt Disney Company Stock Due to Streaming Success and Theme Park Performance
- Disney’s Positively Minnie: Polka Dot Summit Will Feature Keynote Speakers and Style Sessions!
- Disney Recipe: Make This Delicious Festival of the Arts Favorite at Home!
- NEWS: Dr. Fauci States That U.S Could Approach “Degree of Normality” By Fall
- NEWS: Crossroads Near Disney Reaches Eminent Domain Settlement With Florida
- NEWS: U.S. Announces Air Travel Mask Mandate and Quarantine for International Travelers