We’ve been spending a whole lot of our time at home binging the shows and movies on Disney+ with a giant bowl of popcorn!
As Disney+ has started to garner more viewers on the streaming platform, it has quickly become a profitable aspect for the Walt Disney Company. However, there are still upcoming plans for how Disney+ may be shifted to accommodate more viewers and newer content.
During a discussion at the Bank of America Virtual 2020, Walt Disney Company CFO Christine McCarthy discussed the development of Disney+ moving forward.
When Disney+ rolled out last year, the price point was put at an accessible level for guests to purchase a subscription. However, when McCarthy was asked when the pricing for the streaming service would shift, she responded that the “pricing power will come as we put more original content into the services”
Although movies like Artemis Fowl and The One and Only Ivan were moved onto the streaming service when movie theaters shut down, there is still a lot more original content to come. McCarthy stated that, “there would have been a lot more original content now if we had not been shut down.”
While they had an earlier placement of Frozen 2, Onward, and The Rise of Skywalker during the shut-down, Disney+ also recently introduced Premier Access to Mulan for an additional $30. There may be no plans to increase the actual cost for the subscription just yet, but McCarthy said that it would later be adjusted for “market dynamics” since every market isn’t the same.
As Disney continues to create more original content and make big changes to the streaming service, we’ll make sure to keep you updated on everything you need to know!
What is your favorite movie on Disney+ right now? Let us know in the comments below!
- A Conversation With the Cast and Director of Disney+’s “Secret Society of Second-Born Royals”
- NEWS: Disney+ Delays ‘Falcon and Winter Soldier’ Until 2021
- NEWS: Trailer for Upcoming Disney+ Series ‘WandaVision’ Debuts During the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards
- These Disney Channel Original Movies Are Worth a Rewatch on Disney+
- AllEars Quiz! Finish the Lyrics: Hamilton Songs Edition
- Here’s Everything Coming to Disney+ This October!
- NEWS! Disney Has Named the Seven Directors Responsible for Season 2 of “The Mandalorian”!
- Original Movies, Series, and MORE Will Be Coming to Disney+ This Fall!
- It’s Finally Happening! Disney+ Has Released the Premiere Date for Marvel’s 616
- Disney+ Just Released the Trailer for Season Two of ‘The Mandalorian’!