The Walt Disney Company is currently discussing their quarterly earnings, and a major topic of discussion has been Disney+, the company’s digital streaming service.
While Disney had already reported that the streaming service had reached a major milestone of 50 million subscribers earlier this year, that number has only grown since!
According to Disney, as of August 3rd, Disney+ has 60.5 million paid subscribers for the streaming service. The number is notable, especially considering Disney+ is not even a year old yet.
Along with their current subscriber numbers, Disney also announced that they will be releasing their twice delayed live-action remake of Mulan to the streaming service — though at a cost. Those who want to watch the movie will have to be already subscribed to Disney+, and will be charged a $29.99 premium to watch the film.
Since the new release will require viewers to already be subscribed to the service (plus, the service no longer offers a free trial period), we expect the number of subscribers will continue to grow following the release of Mulan on September 4th.
We will continue to keep you updated with any further developments.
Are you subscribed to Disney+? Will you be paying to watch Mulan when it premieres next month? Let us know in the comments below!
- The ULTIMATE Guide to ALL of the Disney Princess Movies on Disney+
- Movie Night Just Got a WHOLE LOT More Magical! Discover the Full Line-Up for the Upcoming Disney+ Drive-In Festival!
- NEWS! Samuel L. Jackson Will Play Nick Fury in a New Marvel Series for Disney+!
- Disney+ Review: “Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom”
- A Conversation With the Cast and Director of Disney+’s “Secret Society of Second-Born Royals”
- NEWS: Disney+ Delays ‘Falcon and Winter Soldier’ Until 2021
- NEWS: Trailer for Upcoming Disney+ Series ‘WandaVision’ Debuts During the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards
- These Disney Channel Original Movies Are Worth a Rewatch on Disney+
- AllEars Quiz! Finish the Lyrics: Hamilton Songs Edition
- Here’s Everything Coming to Disney+ This October!