While Disney announced last week that they would be furloughing “non-essential” Cast Members, it has taken some time for Disneyland to reach agreements with unions to provide the same benefits to members during this stressful economic time.
Now Disneyland has completed negotiations with 10 other unions and added them to the furlough agreement.
According to the Orange County Register, Workers United Local 50, Master Services Council, Craft Maintenance Council, International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees locals 706, 504 and 923, Laborers’ Local 652, Operating Engineers Local 501, and Teamsters Local 495 unions have all agreed to Disneyland’s furlough requirements.
These unions represent food and beverage workers, pyrotechnicians, sound mechanics, stage managers, stage technicians and other Cast Members throughout the Disneyland Resort. The agreements will allow union members to maintain their health insurance coverage, educational support, and other benefits beginning April 19th.
In a statement Disney released after negotiations had concluded, they said, “These agreements provide an easier return to work when our community recovers from the impact…We are grateful to have worked together in good faith to help our cast members navigate these unprecedented times.”
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History