Recipes Potato and Leek Soup Food & Wine Festival, Ireland
Yield: 6 servings
1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
½ each leek, cleaned and diced
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoon butter
To taste salt
To taste white ground pepper
Chopped fresh chives
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large pot, sauté the onions and leeks with the butter.
2. Add chicken stock
3. Add diced potatoes and cook until they are soft.
4. Add the cream and mix well.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper
6. Garnish with fresh chives.