Recipe Lobster Summer Rolls With Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Yield: 8 rolls
4 1½ pounds Maine lobster
1/4 cup Julienne Carrot
1/4 cup Julienne Cucumber
1/4 cup Julienne Daikon Radish
16 Mint Leaves
16 Thai Basil Leaves
8 Sheets 6" Round Rice Paper
8 Leaves Bib Lettuce
1/2 Cup Fish Sauce
1 Teaspoon Honey
1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Lime (juiced)
2 Jalapeno Peppers (sliced into rings)
2 Teaspoons Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Method for the Rolls:
1. Steam the lobster and remove the claw and knuckle meat from the shell.
2. Split the tails in half the long way, remove the meat. Set aside along with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Fill a bowl with enough warm water to submerge the rice paper.
4. Place one rice paper in the warm water for about 15 seconds. The paper should have softened slightly when removed from the water.
5. Place the rice paper on your work surface and rub lightly with your hands, until no excess water is apparent and the rice is soft and pliable.
6. Begin assembling the roll. Place one line of the cucumber, another of the carrot and one more of the daikon in the center of the rice paper leaving about one inch on either side.
7. On top of the vegetables place 2 mint leaves and 2 basil leaves.
8. Top with 1/2 of a lobster tail and some of the claw and knuckle meat.
9. From the bottom (closest to you) fold the paper over the filling and roll forward 1/2 way. Fold the sides over to close the ends, (like an envelope). Continue to roll forward to finish.
10. Repeat for the remaining 7 rolls.
11. Place each roll in a leaf of lettuce.
Method for the Dipping Sauce:
1. Combine fish sauce, honey soy, lime juice, and sweet chili sauce and stir well.
2. Slice the Jalapeno into thin rings and stir into the sauce.