Reviews of Top of the World – Member Lounge

Reviewed by Jfarring513 Review Date: 03/19/2021

For a place that’s exclusive for DVC guests I really would have expected a lot more from this place than what I’ve gotten. We visited the final day the parks were open in mid march 2020 and found everything operating just like normal- the only issue was the menu. Our bartender was very friendly and helpful but the lack of options was a bit jarring for us. The food selection was the worst I’ve personally ever seen at a bar/lounge in WDW, and they’re places i frequent probably 2x a day. All cocktails were standard like a pool bar at a moderate resort with nothing unique or sticking out. The view is absolutely unbeatable but the food and drinks dont match up to anywhere else on property. The one thing that I do have to say was OK was there seven layer cake. Apparently it’s some sort of famous dish that they created that tasted all right, but felt like it had freezer burn on it.

Pros:

Amazing views of the surrounding MK resort area. Go to experience it once and have a glass of wine

Cons:

Lack of food choices (especially good ones) No good drink choices

Reviewed by miketp Review Date: 06/11/2016

Due to the heat and threat of storms my wife and I decided to watch the fireworks from here instead. The service was excellent. Very attentive waitress. The flatbread pizza was very good and reasonably priced. The habenero lime margaritas were excellent, good Patron tequila with a slight heat, not overly spicy. The view of the fireworks from the deck was fantastic. Be aware that check in is required on the first floor of the Bay Tower. A cast member has to activate the elevator for you. We came on the monorail from the Grand Floridian Villas and tried to go up from the 5th floor. Elevators will not go to lounge from there. You must take elevator down to the first and then go back up.

Pros:

Service appetizers

Cons:

Check in not clearly marked

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 05/20/2016

Headed to the lounge for a drink before dinner at the California Grill. Nice place. Since it was hours before the fireworks, the place was empty, which was nice. We tried going up to watch the fireworks the night before, but didn't realize we needed to check in in the lobby first, so we watched from our room instead. That was a bit annoying. But I get it - can't have non DVC guests heading up to the club. Overall, a nice idea.

Pros:

View

Cons:

Access

Reviewed by mzznlink Review Date: 08/03/2014

Can't beat the view but they need a larger selection of snacks and more wait staff to cut down on the wait. We had a table by the window which was Geary for the high up fireworks, but the crowd that lined the rail at the last minute blocked views of the castle.

Pros:

View (kinda)

Cons:

Selection/Staffing

Reviewed by Wendy Writes Review Date: 05/04/2014

Very nice location, most people seem to come up for the fireworks then leave. The lounge should come up with a reasonable drink menu, less formal feel and good food selections that don't take forever. Maybe people would hang out longer.

Pros:

Beautiful View

Cons:

prices

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 01/23/2013

I spent about an hour here solo for my one drink during vacation and the cheese plate. It was wonderful. Very funky atmosphere, good service. Cheese plate is very good and I asked for and received more crackers!! It is so nice that DVC actually has something all to ourselves. Highly recommend it and will return.

Pros:

Atmosphere, food, service

Other topics in Bay Lake Tower