Most Recent Reviews

Review of Electric Umbrella

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

We dined here in January 2013. Kids got chicken fingers which were good, but our burgers were just so-so. Served the purpose of grabbing a quick bite to eat in Epcot, but I don't ever have to go back here. I'd rather cross into World Showcase and grab a burger in the American pavilion.

Pros:

Plenty of seating, fast service

Cons:

Food quality

Review of San Angel Inn Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

My family of 8 dined here for the first time in January 2013. After reviewing the menus, we opted for lunch instead of dinner. We had the Disney Dining Plan and considered this a great value.
We were seated at our reservation time, and our server was really great. She was friendly and explained all of the dishes to us.
Most of us ordered the Traditional Mexican Lunch, and a few ordered ala carte. The chips and salsas came out first, and they were delish. The waitress brought out our soup next, and the presentation was very pretty. The entrees followed, and everything was delicious. The desserts looked wonderful too, but most of us were so full that we couldn't even touch dessert.
The atmosphere in the restaurant was very pretty. If I had to pick one thing to criticize, it would be that it's a little dark in there.
Definitely a place we'll visit again!

Pros:

Food, service, atmosphere

Review of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Breakfast

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

My family of 8 dined here for the first time in January 2013. It was absolutely wonderful! I'd definitely consider it a highlight of our trip.
We were taken close to our reservation time, and my daughter had her photo taken with Belle before we were seated. The atmosphere of the castle was beautiful and not overdone.
The waiter was fantastic. He brought beverage refills without being asked, and he refilled our hot food platters promptly too. The cold foods buffet was excellent too. It was very clean and full of a huge variety of cold foods. All of the food here was excellent.
The time with the princesses was especially great! Each princess came to our table at least once for autographs and photos, and they made my daughter feel special. She had a lot of individual time with each princess. They also did two princess promenades too where all the little girls walk through the restaurant with the princesses. Because of this experience, my daughter never asked to stand in line to see princesses in the parks. JACKPOT! We used our Disney Dining Plan for this meal, and it was definitely worth it. Before we left the restaurant, a staff member brought us our 5x7 princess portrait (Belle w/ my daughter), and I was pleasantly surprised to see extra copies in the package too. Do NOT miss this breakfast!

Pros:

Wonderful food, staff, character experience

Cons:

None!

Review of Starring Rolls

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

My family of 8 visited this cafe in January. We used our Disney Dining Plan snack credits to get a few breakfast pastries.
The cinnamon rolls, chocolate muffins, and turnovers were wonderful, and they were very filling.
We will definitely stop here again to grab a breakfast snack. It held us over until our 4:00 dinner reservations.

Pros:

Wonderful pastries

Cons:

Small space gets very crowded

Review of Toy Story Pizza Planet CLOSED February 1, 2016 for Long Rehab

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

We visited Pizza Planet during our January trip. We had heard the pizza was good, and the kids wanted to see if the place really looked like the Pizza Planet from Toy Story.
We got to the restaurant at high noon when the crowds were the worst. The line took a while to get through, but that's to be expected. I found a table for us outside while the hubby waited in line for our food. The pizza, salads, and desserts were delicious, especially since this is considered "fast food".
We enjoyed sitting outside. The seating area inside was noisy with crowds and loud arcade games.

Pros:

Pizza was good

Cons:

Needs more seating

Review of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

My family of 8 just ate here for the first time in January, and it was delicious! We had the Disney Dining Plan and picked this as one of our table service meals. We had advanced reservations, and despite the crowds, the restaurant did a good job getting us seated close to our reservation time.
The atmosphere is fun and really does make you feel like you're sitting in a 1950s kitchen. The food was AMAZING, and the portions were huge. Dessert was included in the DDP, but most of us couldn't finish dessert because we were so full. Both the entrees and desserts were really large.
The staff was friendly and efficient. Our server didn't do much of the "comedy routine" that many people enjoy at the restaurant, but it didn't bother us. He was swamped with customers, and we were happy to eat in peace without someone barking at us to eat our veggies.

Pros:

Great food, Fun atmosphere

Review of Earl of Sandwich

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 02/16/2013

My family ate here twice during our trip in January. We like to visit Downtown Disney on the first day of our trip so we don't use a park ticket that day, and Earl of Sandwich is always on our list because the food is so good. The family loved it so much that we stopped here a second time later in the week when we needed a night off from the parks.

The bread is fantastic, and the sandwiches are really unique. They were very accommodating too. My 10YO was considered an adult on the Disney Dining Plan, but he wanted something off of the kids menu. They made up the meal and increased it to "adult size", and my son loved it.

My only complaint would be that there's not enough seating. The restaurant gets really crowded, and people have to constantly circle to find a table.

Pros:

Quality sandwiches, Good prices

Cons:

Needs more seating

Review of Disney Dining Plan

Reviewed by momof3inMadisonAL Review Date: 02/16/2013

We got DDP for a week long vacation in Feb. We have had TiW over the past year but like the (perceived) convenience of having everything prepared and we were planning several TS. For breakfast we had Akershus, Tusker House. Lunch we had Mama Melrose Fantasmic package, Tony's. Dinner we had Ohana, WCC. It was not convenient. Being a party of 6, we were in 2 rooms at Pop so instead of having all the credits together, they were split. (my card had 3 kids with it but DH only had his credits.) When my DH card didn't work, they had to rebook everything and ended up giving us 7 credits too many. We didn't want to spend what wasn't ours but it made it difficult to remember whose card to charge meals on. When we ordered, we had to use multiple cards. It was a complete pain. Went to concierge at start of trip to see if they could be combined but were told, "no".
We didn't save any money. We had too much to eat. I hate that they got rid of the appetizer/salad but I get a dessert with every meal. The desserts are not always great and we didn't always eat them. I would rather have an option for salad or let kids get fruit for "dessert" (true at some places but not BOG).think we will stick to paying oop from now on.

Pros:

Don't have to worry about price of meals

Cons:

Limited choices, increased cost

Review of Tusker House Character Breakfast

Reviewed by momof3inMadisonAL Review Date: 02/16/2013

Third time at TH. previously rated a 10. This time I have to lower my rating.
Ate here 2/7 with ADR 8:00. We previously have been seated in small room off to the left as you enter restaurant. This time we were in the big room on right with everyone else. Our server wasn't really friendly and I don't remember seeing much of her. The tables were close together and it was hard to get out of our seats. Difficult to make our way through all the peope and characters to the buffet. And the restaurant wasn't even full.
The character interaction was brief. We didn't need autographs so they pretty much just posed for a photo and moved on.
Food was still fantastic so I'd eat here again definitely, but was disappointed in "my favorite character meal".

Pros:

Cons:

Noisy, crowded, rushed characters

Review of Be Our Guest Dinner

Reviewed by momof3inMadisonAL Review Date: 02/16/2013

Wanted to try BOG and waited on phone over an hour to get ADRs. Ate there for dinner 2/8. Server started out great but then disappeared after we got our food. DH and I both had steak. Thought it was odd to be served with fries. Especially when the server told me they are trying to offer healthier options for kids. My two DDs got steak and liked it, but there was nothing my DS6 would eat, apart from fruit appetizer (not included in ddp anymore). Fortunately, I knew the kids menu was going to be a problem for him and made sure he got a good lunch.

The steak was a little hard to cut and had some gristle. It was very thin as well. Not really juicy. I thought the desserts were disappointing, and had hoped for more than cupcakes and cream puffs.

It was a great setting and we enjoyed meeting the beast after dinner. However, we probably won't go back for a few trips.

Pros:

Scenery

Cons:

Food selection
1 1,658 1,659 1,660 1,661 1,662 1,726