Most Recent Reviews

Review of Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill

Reviewed by milesmom17 Review Date: 03/14/2013

First time eating here, and we will definitely be back!! It's hard to find a character meal that is not geared towards girls. Our son loved the characters at this restaurant. They actually came around more than once, and we had character interaction our whole meal.

The food is plentiful and delicious! One of the more lighter meals that actually was healthy! Great bread, with maple butter and a huge refreshing salad. 3 types of meat with sides. The servers were more than willing to come back with extra portions!

To top it all off, the restaurant rotates around "the Land" attraction, so you always have a new interesting view to keep little ones entertained.

This will be on our "can't miss" list next time we visit!!

Pros:

Delicous Food, not too busy, great service

Cons:

Review of Coronado Springs Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by milesmom17 Review Date: 03/14/2013

This was our first time staying at the resort, and I did a lot of research prior to booking. Most of the reviews I saw mentioned the size of the resort being a negative, and cleanliness.

I have to tell you, neither of these were an issue! As long as you are informed and plan ahead, you can get a room near a bus stop. We stayed in the Cabanas section building 8B, and we could literally see the bus stop from our room. This was great, especially late at night trying to juggle a sleeping child, stroller and miscellaneous bags. We were also less than 2 minutes from the pool, which meant we didn't get any of the noise wafting over from it. We never had any long waits for the bus, nor couldn't get on a bus because it was too crowded.

The only negative aspect I felt was the way the quick serve restaurant worked. It is unlike any others I have been to before, and hopefully they will change it to be more in line with other quick serves. We only used it once, so it really wasn't an issue.

We had amazing housekeeping, and never had any issues with cleanliness. Our housekeeper even went so far as to call us one day to make sure we didn't need any supplies since we had the "do not disturb" sign up all day.

We will 100% book this hotel again, and I will recommend it to anyone looking for a moderate resort!!

Pros:

Quiet, beautiful

Cons:

Quick serve restaurant is confusing.

Review of runDisney Events

Reviewed by candycakes Review Date: 03/14/2013

I love the idea of the princess half marathon. I started running a year ago, turned 40 this year, & wanted to celebrate with this race. From the beginning, it was an enormous headache. Rundisney advertises discounted packages. However, when I tried to book thought them, it was $1000 then booking on line myself. They didn't seem to care. They told me to book on my own then. We go to WDW at least once a year, so I knew what I was doing.
Once we got to WDW, all was good. Then the expo. Poorly operated, over crowded, no on directing you which giant line to wait in.
The parks were also overly crowded. We didn't get to a lot of rides, & only rode some once. Very disappointed.
The race itself was frustrating. I had trained hard for 6 months. I can run 10 min miles for the whole distance. However, there was no room to run. Too many people walk/run, and have poor race etiquette. Walking should not be allowed, period. I only ran 12 minute miles. Every photo op people literally jumped in front of me. Ever pic is ruined by some moron in a costume.
I would like to try again, but only in coral a or b. and next time I wouldn't be as nice if people jumped in front of me at photo ops;)

Pros:

Finishing a half marathon!

Cons:

TOO CROWDED!!

Review of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Reviewed by kgonline Review Date: 03/14/2013

This is our favorite restaurant in the world! We stay at AKL mostly for Boma! OK, we love the quiet atmosphere, and the animals, and the great pool. But, BOMA is what I look forward to a year in advance! We stayed 6 nights February 2013, ate here for breakfast every morning, and for 3 dinners. It is so nice to have such a wonderful restaurant right in our resort. Reservations were readily available. Two mornings we were too tired for 7:30, I was able to rebook for 8:30 with no problem, and add dinner one night. Host and wait cast members were all calm, friendly and welcoming. We do not have food allergies, but we observed a chef walking the buffet item-by-item telling one couple what was safe and what to avoid for their allergies. I love that it is an open kitchen and you can watch the chefs at work.
My favorite foods are the African inspired dishes, but even my less adventurous DH and DDs find wholesome food they love. This buffet has so many options you can experience it as healthy and low-cal, or as sweet and decadent as you prefer! My Breakfast Favorites: Goat cheese and spinach scrambled eggs, roast corned beef, ham,turkey on carving board with wonderful condiments, grilled asparagus, Pap, African Fruit Salad, Various bread puddings (All Great) with vanilla sauce(Fav!), or pecan sauce, lots of fresh fruit, best breakfast sausages Anywhere, Quinoa porridge with toasted Quinoa for topping, Bobotie. They make omelettes to order also. Kids loved the pancakes and chocolate croissants, sweet pecan rolls,bacon, fruit, and the fruit juice. And, Most Importantly, they have GREAT Coffee!!! Our servers even offered us coffee to go! Dinner favorites:Chicken corn chowder (slightly spicy), Durban Chicken (not spicy, just moist and delicious), Roast pork loin, Watermelon salad, Couscous with dried fruit, various spinach salads,Roasted Root vegetables, Salmon (Had it 3 ways on 3 nights, all wonderful). Favorite Desserts:Zebra Domes, Kenyan Coffee tarts, and (YUMM!) my new fav---Guava Pannacotta. Desserts are spoon sized so you can try more of them!

Pros:

WONDERFUL Food! Variety, Atmosphere, Friendly Cast Members.

Cons:

Most convenient if you are staying at AKL

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by lukasiewicz35 Review Date: 03/13/2013

We were in room 9729 which was a corner room so we had a view of the river through one window and the quiet pool through the other window. It was the perfect location for it was directly across from the bridge that leads to the buses and a short distance from the food court. We were in a Royal room which was Beautiful. It was hard to believe that we were not in a Deluxe resort because there was such great detail throughout the room. The bus service was great and We never waited more than 7 minutes for a bus. We were celebrating my friend 40th Birthday and they left a Birthday card for her on her Birthday which was a nice touch. I loved this resort and I will definitely be back to visit soon.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds and Loved the Royal Room

Review of Behind the Seeds - Epcot

Reviewed by klp1015 Review Date: 03/13/2013

My husband and I took this tour on Feb. 28. I had done it many years ago, but it was his first time. Our guide was Mark, a recent grad of Ohio State. His enthusiasm was obvious and contagious. We learned some really interesting things about pest control as well as the gardening methods used by WDW. The tour was supposed to last about an hour, but we ran longer because Mark took the time to thoroughly answer questions from the group.

Review of Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Dinner

Reviewed by MJ Review Date: 03/13/2013

Our family of three had supper at the Cape May Café on March 1,2013. My husband is not a seafood lover but amazingly tried the crab legs which he said were delicious. There is ample variety of food for seafood lovers as well as for those who prefer standard fare. We usually have breakfast here and this was the first time we came for supper. The same can be said for all the times we have had a meal at the Cape May Café, we are never rushed and the staff has always been unfailingly polite. A must-do for us every time we come to Walt Disney World even if we are not guests of this resort.

Pros:

Food and staff

Cons:

nothing

Review of Boma Flavors of Africa Dinner - Jambo House

Reviewed by Arden Review Date: 03/12/2013

Have dined here several times in the past and have never had an experience like this.

The service was very slow, our party had to keep asking other wait staff to find our waitress. Had ordered a glass of wine upon arriving, when the glass of wine arrived, we were almost finished dinner.

We were a large group on the dining plan, we reluctantly left the required 18% tip.

The food was very good, but could not overcome the
poor service.

Pros:

food

Cons:

service

Review of 1900 Park Fare Character Dinner

Reviewed by MJ Review Date: 03/12/2013

My husband, 12 year old daughter and I had supper at 1900 Park Fare on March 2, 2013. The positive aspect is the character interaction with the diners and that is about all and even then the quality of the interaction was just o.k. The atmosphere on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. The room itself is tired-looking, much like you would have found in the 80's. Some sprucing up is in order. The buffet was by far the least complete that I have eaten at Disney. You will find much better choices at Chef Mickey, the Crystal Palace or Akershus in terms of food and character interaction. Our waitress was pleasant enough but nothing outstanding although she did tell us when to go to the buffet so that we would not miss the characters and that was appreciated. We will not go back when much better choices are available.

Pros:

character greeting

Cons:

atmosphere

Review of Mama Melrose's Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by Arden Review Date: 03/12/2013

Dined here Mar 2013. Large party, were seated promptly. Service was very good, Food was tasty and the serving size was generous. Will definitely come back.

Pros:

Food and Service

1 1,110 1,111 1,112 1,113 1,114 1,201