Reviews of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (Magic Kingdom)

The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a Holiday Partyland with special decorations. See the first snow fall of the season on Main Street, enjoy two performances of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies.

Special admission ticket required.

FAQ: http://allears.net/tp/hol_mk.htm

Reviewed by mcarolla Review Date: 03/31/2020

It's nice. I love Christmas but like it's just nothing special. Most of the cookies are only okay. The layovers aren't that exciting to me. I would say do it once and form your own opinion but it's too much money for something not that great.

Pros:

Christmas

Cons:

nothing special

Reviewed by sreynolds5 Review Date: 12/27/2019

I was worried about negative reviews, but bought the tickets anyway & my young adult children LOVED IT! They ran around enjoying the rides, food, special fireworks, character meet & greets like they were 10 yrs. old again. It was truly magical! I'm thinking that the after hours events are fantastic for teens/young adults. They have enough energy to keep going until midnight. Their middle aged parents headed back to the resort w/our sleeping grandson by 10 p.m:) Yes, it's crowded - but we didn't find it quite as busy as in the day time, especially as the evening wore on. Yes, it's festive! It was SNOWING on Main St.! And No - the snack vendors did not run out of treats. There were more treat offerings than we could possibly consume. Next to the Star Wars attraction, this was our family's favorite experience of the trip! We would love to do it again!

Pros:

Very festive atmosphere! Fun, fun, fun!

Cons:

Long day for some

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/23/2019

Much busier than daytime. Lines the same wait as day. People climbing over you to see parade and shows, so even if you wait to get a spot people will fight you for it. Felt unsafe. So much rain shows didn’t happen or where stopped. Extremely disappointed.

Pros:

Christmas lights.

Cons:

Too many people.

Reviewed by DizFan12 Review Date: 12/20/2019

MVMCP oversold overpriced

Pros:

The Christmas Parade and fireworks are wonderful but very hard to find good viewing as you are shoulder to shoulder and 5 deep.

Cons:

Very over crowded. wayyyyy too many people long waits for rides. Viewing fireworks, parade, and lighting of castle is very difficult as you are literally shoulder to shoulder and 5-7 people deep. Long lines for characters and rides as well. Cost has gone up so much in the last few years and with crowds so high, I can no longer recommend it.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/18/2019

This was my first time at the MVMCP, and I gotta tell ya, I had a ball! True, it was myself and another adult, so we had the freedom to wander through the park, choose rides, eat treats, and sing along with the xmas songs. We had no whiney kids along. BIG bonus. We rode rides during the first party with no wait, and then stationed ourselves on Main Street for the fantastic fireworks (WOW!) and the parade (WOW again!). It was a blast and a half, and we stayed until it was all over. Now I have a bagful of cookies to eat another day and remember the night.

Pros:

Minimal wait for rides during first parade, lovely holiday atmosphere.

Cons:

Ummmm...

Reviewed by scrapfan Review Date: 12/17/2019

I had so looked forward to my first MVMCP but it was such a huge disappointment. I have been to 2 previous Mickey's Very Scary Halloween Parties and they were awesome so I just knew the Christmas party would be even better, err, WRONG! My family attended the 12/12 party; first off it rained the whole evening, now I know that is not Disney's fault but the problem was the cast members weren't checking bands to see if you should be there, not once did they check when we waited in line for rides, cookies, food, nothing. I am assuming it was because the weather was so miserable but the lines were crazy! The line for the 2nd parade was 7-10 people deep in some spots. Because of the weather we didn't arrive to the park till around 5:30pm and the lines to get your band were crazy long, people cutting you off or squeezing thru. I felt the cast members were overwhelmed. It has been a few years since I had been to Disney but my impression of them now are they are in it for the $ only and not the guest experience.

Pros:

Christmas decorations

Cons:

Crowds, over-selling the parties, food quality, cost

Reviewed by Silvercat33 Review Date: 12/17/2019

The 2019 event was the last one I will bother attending. I have been to several of these events in previous years, but the one on 5 December was dreadful - so crowded that instead of staying to the end of the event as in previous years, we gave up after the fireworks and left. These parties are hugely oversold now, the crowds are worse than that experienced during the daytime! Wait times for everything were too long for us, and you could barely get anywhere near the hub in order to view the fireworks or the Castle stage show. The cookies were nice, but it is a lot of money to pay for a small handful of cookies and a couple of cups of cocoa. We watched the second showing of the parade, and tried to use the time to go on rides during the first showing, but then we struggled to get around the park due to the vast numbers of folk watching the parade and blocking the walkways! A struggle all night, and we just didn't enjoy it this year, I'm sorry to say.

Pros:

None - nothing this year was worth the cost.

Cons:

Event over-sold, huge crowds, exhausting trying to negotiate the massive numbers of people to ride anything. Too expensive and definitely not good value now.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/15/2019

My family has done MVMCP for many years and have loved it!! The party I attended 12/13/19 will probably be the last for a while. Crowd levels were ridiculous and there was a lack of cast members helping as in previous years. The entrance to get in was chaos and people kept cutting the lines. There was no welcome cookie (I was there before 8) or cast members directing traffic coming in it was a free for all. The fireworks started a bit early which was disappointing because I had it timed after a ride and they were already going off before 10. The treats were ok but nothing special. I didn't even care to stop at all of them. I will say the parade was great as usual and the \"snow\" on main street was nice. Overall not a great value at all for $115 a person. The cost was reasonable in past years but since then it has gone from under $70 to up to $130 in just a few years. I think that's crazy. I've done way more at previous parties paying less money and could've just gone during regular hours and done so much more. I am starting to see the greed everyone is talking about over the experience with Disney..very sad. I expected a better experience.

Pros:

Wonderful parade, good fireworks, snow on main street is pretty

Cons:

Crowd control, ticket prices, disorganization

Reviewed by EPCOTFanboy Review Date: 12/13/2019

Had never been to MK Seasonal party so I was excited to try. Really disappointing experience. Went to 11/21/19 Party with extended family as part of long visit.

SUPER crowded. Like lines for Country Bears crowded. And of course, no fast-passes, so select the two rides you may be do to carefully.
You get free cookies, but they aren't very good. Like if a coworker brought them to work, you would take a bite, politely smile and then throw it out when they left good.

Did enjoy the Space Mountain overlay and the Speedway decorations, but can't justify cost for that.

Pros:

Ride overlays

Cons:

Everything else. NOT worth the price. Way too overcrowded.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/11/2019

Attended on Friday, November 22, 2019. Previously attended in 2016. Easy entry at 6pm. Cast members very diligent checking wristbands for rides. Tweens had fun at dance parties at club Tinsel and under circus top. Took pics with characters at dance parties. Lines too long for Character Meet and Greets. Would help if there were more of them spread out in park. Saw performers on Tomorrowland stage and then did People Mover to see all of the decorations/lights when it was dark. Kids had fun following the snack trail. I appreciated snacks were individually wrapped since we have food allergies in our family, no worries of cross contamination when handed treats by cast members. Beverage cups were tiny; so, kids went back twice for hot chocolate. Great parade and fireworks. We did the second parade. Went on lots of rides easily while other folks were at first parade. Very festive for all ages.

Pros:

short wait times, ample free snacks, great parade, lots to do

Cons:

long wait times for character meet and greets

Other topics in Festival of Holidays - Candlelight Processional, MVMCP