Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is the perfect time to see some rare characters in Magic Kingdom. You can find Stitch dressed as Elvis, the Cadaver Dans, a bunch of Disney villains, and — for the first time this year — Max Goof dressed as superstar Powerline! But one of our favorite characters at this party is a bit more SINISTER.
If you’re a fan of the Disney classic The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad or even if you just like spooky characters in general, you absolutely cannot miss the ride of the Headless Horseman. Come with us to check it out!
The ONLY time you’ll see the Headless Horseman in Disney World is right before the Boo-to-You Parade during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
Because the horseman is riding an actual horse, he likely won’t ride if there’s bad weather in the area or even if the ground is wet from earlier rain. (That makes this character even rarer to spot!) During our first visit to the Not-So-Scary party this year, a rainstorm canceled his ride. But when we returned to the party a couple of days later, we got to see him!
As the parade is about to begin, you may see the lights in the park dim, and some spooky music will begin to play. That’s how you know the horseman is coming! He rides along the parade route, finishing with a trip down Main Street, U.S.A. This is one of the best places to see him, as the lighting here is very dramatic.
— AllEars.Net (@AllEarsNet) August 17, 2022
This character is one of our favorites from the party, but you also shouldn’t miss the awesome Haunted Mansion grave diggers (seen during the parade) and Powerline Max!
If you’re visiting Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, make sure you try out some of the exclusive snacks that are in Magic Kingdom for the event. A few rides get Halloween-themed layovers during the party as well. For example, you’ll see live pirate characters in the queue and on the ride at Pirates of the Caribbean.
We’ll keep you updated with all the latest news from Disney World, so stay tuned to AllEars!
Read More About What's Happening for Halloween Here!
- We Went to the FIRST 2022 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Disney World — Here’s What You Need to Know
- Is Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Disney World Worth $200?
- The 6 BEST Treats At Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Disney World!
- Your Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party FAQ
- Every Date That Has Sold Out for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- See Our Full Page ALL About Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
- All of the 2022 Halloween Popcorn Buckets You’ll Find in Disney World
- See ALL of the Disney Halloween Merchandise You Can Get Online
- Don’t Miss Out on These Halloween Advent Calendars
- Learn About the Halloween Scavenger Hunt Coming to EPCOT in 2022
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you going to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year? Let us know in the comments.