Last month, Disney Cruise Line updated its vaccine mandate for all passengers ages 5 and above. Effective January 13th, 2022, all guests ages 5 and older must be vaccinated before boarding a Disney cruise ship.
Ahead of that vaccine mandate going into effect, Disney Cruise Line along with several other major cruise line companies are under investigation from the Center for Disease Control.
Business Insider has reported that the CDC is currently investigating 38 ships and observing an additional 48 cruise ships linked to recent COVID-19 outbreaks, and among them include the entire fleet of Disney Cruise Line ships.
According to the CDC website, there are four tiers under which a ship may fall: Green, Orange, Yellow, or Red. These tiers are determined using data from the previous seven days (regardless of voyage dates) as well as CDC investigation findings.
As of this writing, the four Disney Cruise Line ships are all under the “Yellow” tier, which indicates that the number of reported COVID-19 cases has met the threshold required for a CDC investigation to take place. The Disney Dream, Magic, and Wonder are all currently under investigation, while the Disney Fantasy has been investigated but remains under observation.
Right now, Disney Cruise Line is operating under the “Restricted Voyages” category. For Disney to have met the Yellow tier, there were cases reported in 0.10% or more of passengers. For example, if there were 6,500 passengers on board, there would need to be 7 or more cases among passengers in the previous seven days in order to meet the CDC’s investigation threshold. The Yellow tier criteria can also be met if one or more COVID cases is reported amongst crew.
Additional cruise line companies currently under investigation include MSC Cruises, Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. We’ll keep a close watch on this story as it develops, so be sure to follow along for all of the latest updates!
Did you travel aboard Disney Cruise Line in 2021? Let us know in the comments!
More of the Latest News
- Disney Cruise Line Shares an Important Update to Their COVID-19 Policy
- NEWS: Disney to Produce 2022 Special Olympics Opening Ceremony
- Hasbro Loses Rights to Produce Disney Princess Dolls
- Abigail Disney Speaks to Bob Chapek’s and Bob Iger’s Salaries in New Documentary
- More Details on Disneyland Paris’ Anniversary Celebrations
- Where to Get FREE N95 Face Masks Near You
- Pixar Day at Sea Announced for Disney Cruise Line in 2023
- The Disney College Program Now Accepting Applications For Summer and Fall 2022
- How to Score Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts AND Help a Good Cause!
- VIDEO: Watch the Teaser Trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s NEW ‘Pinocchio’ Movie (Nope, Not the Disney One)