Update: We are hearing from readers that this issue has been resolved in their system, so new ticket upgrades should not have the problem of losing previously made Park Pass reservations.
Disney World’s new Annual Passholder system went on sale yesterday! This is the first time since the parks closed in 2020 that guests have been able to sign up, so many are in the process of upgrading their regular park tickets to new Passes.
If you are looking to upgrade an existing park ticket with existing Park Pass Reservations, you need to be aware of an important detail before you go ahead and purchase that Annual Pass!
We have heard from multiple guests that they were actually losing their existing Park Pass Reservations when upgrading their tickets to Annual Passes. While there seems to be a decent amount of Park Reservations available throughout the coming months, this could be a major issue if a guest were to have Reservations for an in-demand date like October 1st (Disney World’s 50th Anniversary).
We spoke with a Cast Member today in the parks for more information, and they told us that guests WILL lose all current Park Pass Reservations when upgrading their tickets to Annual Passes.
This can certainly be a major inconvenience if you are planning on upgrading your tickets to an Annual Pass at the start of your vacation, so you may want to wait until after your current Reservations are used up before upgrading to an Annual Pass (and upgrade on the last day you’re in the parks).
We’ll keep an eye on this policy in the coming weeks and months to see if Disney makes any changes to the way your Park Reservations transfer (or don’t transfer) from your regular tickets to a new Annual Pass. Be sure to follow along for more of the latest Disney news and updates!
Click here to read about another important detail to keep in mind if you wish to add PhotoPass to your Annual Pass!
Have you signed up yet for Disney World’s new Annual Passes? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- PHOTOS: Is Disney World Getting MORE Crowded? Here’s What We’re Seeing.
- Ride Closures Made Disney World Wait Times Spike Yesterday!
- Every Construction CHANGE That Happened in Disney World This Week
- What Went Wrong on Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
- VIDEO: Do You Know About The Annual Canoe Race INSIDE Magic Kingdom?
- Disney World’s Lines Are Getting LONGER — Here’s What To Expect
- This Week’s BIGGEST Disney News Stories: Genie+ Changes, 2 Reopenings, and MORE!
- Disney World Had Some CONFUSING Wait Times Yesterday
- NEWS: 4th of July Fireworks RETURNING to Magic Kingdom
- 5 Disney World Ride Transformations You Completely Forgot About
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!