The hype has been pretty incomparable for the VelociCoaster as the newest ride in Universal’s Islands of Adventure paves the way for more Jurassic World experiences in the parks.
We’re breaking down everything we know about the VelociCoaster before it makes its grand debut in Universal Orlando!
The Actual Ride-Through
After lots of hints and teasing about the upcoming attraction, Universal made the huge reveal that the VelociCoaster would be making its debut in the Summer of 2021 (eeep!). The promo video released details about how the guests would basically “ride beside Velociraptors” as they shoot off on the track with twists, turns, and AWESOME views of the park.
On top of releasing more concept art of the attraction, there has been a TON of progress near the ride as construction continues to move forward.
As the track continues to be put in place, we’ve been able to watch progress on the colossal coaster. The track weaves in and out of the park, even nearing spots like Hogsmeade during the ride-through. One of the pinnacles of the attraction, though, is the peak height that overlooks the Jurassic Park section of Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
The ride vehicles themselves look super high tech, similar to Jurassic World’s operations, when Universal gave a closer sneak peek at them. And then we were able to see them in person for ourselves as the parks continued to use test runs with humans riding the attraction.
The track isn’t the only construction that we’ve seen so far, though! The entrance leading up to the VelociCoaster also had mini raptor statues installed, along with the massive rock formations and “raptor cages” that surround the area.
New signs around Universal’s Islands of Adventure have been added to the area leading up to the attraction. They feature the VelociCoaster logo, opening season, and an image with riders on the coaster and raptors running alongside them.
As the walls continue to come down ahead of the ride’s debut, we’ve even been able to see lights being tested at the official VelociCoaster entrance. And, yes, we can BARELY contain our excitement with the progress that’s been pushing forward!
Sign and Velociraptor lighting tests tonight at Jurassic World VelociCoaster station entrance. Seems to be best one here. Also seen, red, blue, green, and white lighting. pic.twitter.com/fAn01qCPyL
— bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) March 9, 2021
Universal hasn’t revealed exact details about the VelociCoaster’s opening date, so we’ll have to be on the lookout for more news surrounding its opening. The progress on the attraction has us thinking that the grand opening could be just around the corner, hopefully! As we continue to head to the Universal Orlando, we’ll be sure to update you on all the VelociCoaster news you need to know!
Will you be riding the VelociCoaster this summer? Let us know in the comments below!
- Where You Should ACTUALLY Start Your Day in Universal Orlando
- Jurassic World Tribute Store Coming SOON to Universal Orlando!
- NEWS: VelociCoaster Soft Opens in Universal Orlando!
- Universal Orlando Vs. Walt Disney World: Which is the Better Choice During the Busiest Days of the Year?
- AllEars TV: This Theme Park Restaurant Was SHOCKING…In a Good Way
- PHOTOS: Here’s What Universal Orlando is Like Without Temperature Checks and Less Social Distancing
- Universal Orlando to Change Social Distancing and Remove Temperature Checks
- NEWS: Frontier Airlines and Visit Orlando Are Giving Away $400 in FREE Flights!
- AllEars TV: Is Universal’s New VELOCICOASTER Worth the Hype?
- A BIG Change Is Coming to This Year’s Halloween Horror Nights in Universal Orlando!