Movie theaters across the country are preparing to reopen!
The Hollywood Reporter has shared the news that a large national chain of movie theaters will begin to reopen very soon. The announcement also comes along with additional news about a major agreement reached with Warner Bros. Studios.
Cineworld, the parent company of Regal Cinemas, will begin to reopen their domestic theater locations in April. Cineworld also announced that, beginning 2022, Regal Cinemas will have exclusive rights to the exhibition of Warner Bros. films for the first 45 days after a film’s release.
The announcement comes after mounting pressure from Warner Bros. Last year, the studio announced that they would release their major 2021 titles, including Dune, In the Heights, and The Suicide Squad, simultaneously on HBO Max the same day as its theatrical release.
We will let you know if we hear of other major announcements like this from other national movie theater chains as well as major motion picture studios!
Click here to read about Disney’s decision making process on how they will distribute their upcoming Marvel film Black Widow.
What are your thoughts on movie theater chains having exclusive exhibition rights to various motion picture studios? Let us know in the comments!
Disney Film and Television News
- New Seasons and Episodes of Popular Shows Arrive on Disney+ and Hulu This Week!
- VIDEO: Watch a NEW Clip From Marvel’s ‘Eternals’ Before It Debuts!
- Marvel’s ‘Hawkeye’ Will Premiere With TWO Episodes on Disney+
- VIDEO: Watch the Trailer for ‘Olaf Presents’ Coming to Disney+
- ‘Adventure Thru the Walt Disney Archives’ is Coming to Disney+
- WARNING: Don’t Get Up From Your Seat Too Early after Marvel’s ‘Eternals’
- You’ll Never Believe Who Almost Played Jack Sparrow in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’
- NEWS: Chief Creative Officer of Disney Studios Content Announces Retirement
- The 10 BEST Disney Movies to Watch This Halloween
- NEWS: Will Poulter Cast as Adam Warlock in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’