In light of theater closures and capacity limits, Disney has opted to release many of their films directly on their streaming service, Disney+.
But, in 2021 Disney is still planning to release a wide array of movies in theaters and is opting to delay premieres if necessary.
Disney just delayed a bunch of 20th Century and Searchlight films that were set to release early this year. If you were looking forward to returning to the theaters to catch a new Disney film this spring, you may need to change your plans.
20th Century Films Delayed
- The King’s Man moved from March 12th to August 20th, 2021
- Bob’s Burgers moved from April 9th to an unset date
- Ron’s Gone Wrong moved from April 23rd to October 22nd, 2021
Searchlight Films Delayed
- The Night House moved to July 16th, 2021
- The Eyes of Tammy Faye moved to September 24th, 2021
- Antlers moved to October 29th, 2021
- Nightmare Alley moved to December 3rd, 2021
This list spans to films that were set to release through April so we may see more delays as we continue into 2021. As always, we’ll keep you updated on all the news about upcoming Disney movies being released in theaters.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Were you looking forward to seeing any of these films this spring? Let us know in the comments!