Disney has had quite a few changes over the past year during the current global health crisis.
As the parks around the world has continued to introduce health and safety measures, some things are unpredictable when it comes to Disney’s operations.
Due to the recent surge in COVID cases in Tokyo, Disney has released the information that Tokyo Disneyland will be reducing its hours from January 8th through January 31st. While the parks have been operating on a 9AM to 9PM schedule in both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea since re-opening, they will now shift to a 9AM to 8PM schedule instead.
Kyodo News has stated that the recent change in hours comes after Japan’s daily numbers have reached over 6,000 cases for the first time since the beginning of the outbreak last year. Today, on January 6th alone, there has been a record report of 1,591 cases.
The country is currently in preparation for a potential state of emergency in Tokyo, as well as the surrounding Chiba, which is home to the Tokyo Disney Resort. However, we’ll be sure to keep you updated on everything happening in the parks soon!
Have you ever been to Tokyo Disneyland? Let us know in the comments below!
- NEWS: Another Disney Springs Retail Location Will Be Permanently Closing
- This Galaxy’s Edge Shop Has Been Using a Virtual Waitlist in Disney World Today!
- Disney Cruise Line Announces Two-Night Seattle Sailing on the Disney Wonder This Summer!
- PHOTOS: Disney’s Posable Character Plushes Have Arrived in Disney World!
- Merch Alert! Save on Disney Tees, Jackets, and More with THREE Sales Online!
- Harveys x Disney Gives Another Sneak Peek At Upcoming Minnie Mouse Collection!
- These New Posable Disney Character Plushes Are Now Available Online!
- PHOTOS: Take a First Look at Disney/Pixar’s Upcoming ‘Luca’!
- This is the Best $15 of Cute Air You’ll Ever Buy in Disneyland
- PHOTOS: We’ve Got Our First Look at the Set for Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi Show!