The global pandemic has impacted many aspects of Disney’s business. All of the Disney theme parks around the world were shut down for a time (and some have yet to reopen), and the release of several Disney movies have been delayed or moved to streaming platforms.
Another aspect that was impacted was Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings. Many brides who planned for years to get married in Disney World had to change or delay their plans when the pandemic hit. But, now things are starting to change!
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings recently announced on their Instagram that “weddings have resumed at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida!”
According to the Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings website, the weddings team has been working closely with Disney’s health and safety Cast Members to evaluate their experiences and see how they can structure them so couples and wedding guests can still celebrate in a magical way. Now, the Weddings team has “implemented a combination of new measures that consider the guidance of local government and health officials,” but will also allow guests to get married at Disney World once again.
The new safety measures include a mask requirement. All guests and members of the wedding party will be required to wear face coverings. During the ceremony, the couple getting married “may be able to remove their face coverings for a limited period of time, while proper physical distancing can be maintained.”
Additionally, the Disney wedding team is implementing measures to promote physical distancing among guests and Cast Members. Weddings will also have limited guest counts. Disney is working with couples who want to get married in the most magical place on earth to find creative ways to arrange for their ceremonies and receptions.
During the past few weeks, some weddings have already taken place with these health and safety procedures in place. Korri McFann, the Marketing Director for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons said “As a team, we’ve worked tirelessly to implement health and safety measures and ensure the most magical experience for our couples. We are so excited to be able to celebrate our couple’s love stories, once again, at the Walt Disney World Resort!”
One Fairy Tale Weddings couple said “While no one imagined a year ago that we would need to wear our best masks on our special day, or that our guests would have to social distance, we were glad to see these rules in place because they were made with the best intentions of keeping everyone safe.”
As the Fairy Tale Wedding website notes, the health and safety measures being implemented for these weddings may continue to evolve depending on the guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies. If you’ve always wanted to get married in Disney World, you can reach out to Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Team to get planning!
Recent Stories About Disney World
- NEWS! The Pearl Factory in Disney Springs Has Reopened!
- PHOTOS: Construction Continues at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Confirmed! Disney World’s Kali River Rapids Will Close for Refurb Early Next Year!
- My Disney Experience Now Includes Cinderella Castle’s New Pink Design!
- Celebrate Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas with a New Photo Op in Disney Springs!
- Is EPCOT’s Festival Center Still a Thing? Here’s a Breakdown of What We Know!
- Kick Off the Holiday Shopping Season With SALES at Disney Springs!
- An Annual Passholder-Exclusive Collection of Holiday Merchandise is Coming to Magic Kingdom!
- We’ve Got an UPDATE on Disney Park Pass Availability Through the End of the Year
- PHOTOS: Decorations Have Started to Go Up for EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
Have you attended or had your very own Fairy Tale Wedding at Disney World? Tell us all about it in the comments!