Today, SeaWorld followed up Disney World’s news with their own closure extension.
SeaWorld has announced they will be extending their temporary closure, without confirming a date of reopening. Instead, they state on their site that “All of our theme parks are temporarily closed. We are continuing to monitor this [evolving situation] closely and coordinating with public health officials. We look forward to welcoming our valued guests back to our parks soon.”
According to the Orlando Sentinel, “SeaWorld Entertainment is indefinitely furloughing more than 90% of its employees on April 1.” According to an SEC filing, “The furlough period is uncertain at this time due to the temporary park closures and will be reassessed as business conditions dictate. [SeaWorld] looks forward to welcoming back its ambassadors and guests when it is safe to open again.”
For a full list of refunds and more information on the SeaWorld closing, you can visit the SeaWorld website.
Want to learn more about the Disney Parks closures?
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Here's Everything That Disney World is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closure
- Here's Everything That Disneyland is Refunding Due to the Temporary Closures
- Here's Everything That the Disney Cruise Line is Refunding Due to Suspended Itineraries
- Should I Cancel My Disney Trip? Taking a Closer Look at Our Most FAQ
- Flattening the Curve: Why Disney is Closing Everything
- All the Times That Disney World and Disneyland Have Closed Throughout History