Recipe Tillamook Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Maytag Crust Artist Point Wilderness Lodge
Yield: Serves 4
4 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbsp Flour
3 Cups Milk
1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/4 Tsp White Pepper
1 Cup Shredded Tillamook Cheddar Cheese
4 Cups Cooked Pasta
1 Cup Maytag Bleu Cheese, crumbled
1/2 Cup Panko Japanese Bread Crumbs
1. Melt butter in a 1-quart saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour, stirring to combine. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes more.
2. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add shredded Tillamook cheddar and stir to incorporate evenly.
4. Preheat oven t 375 degrees F.
5. Pour sauce over cooked pasta, stir to coat and place in an oven-safe dish.
6. Combine crumbled Maytag bleu cheese and panko bread crumbs, and top the pasta.
7. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Center should be hot and the topping golden brown.