Reviews of Revenge of the Mummy

Reviewed by Moosemanatee Review Date: 09/15/2021

Eh, I know it's a fan favorite, but this ride is jerky and too short. Cobra's curse at busch gardens is a better Egyptian themed coaster and space mountain at disney is a better dark coaster. This is like their child that didn't quite live up to expectations. I'd still ride it, but i think it's not worth all the hype.

Pros:

Funny

Cons:

Ouch, i get a bruise from the restraints every ride

Reviewed by KenMcGraw Review Date: 09/14/2021

When I think back to classic Universal Studios, I remember seeing the The Mummy featured in the commercial and always being so intrigued as to how they would make this movie into a ride. Years later when I first visited the park I would not be disappointed. The queue is dark, but also brings the classic Universal Studios feel to the ride because it's like you are the set of the Mummy. If you are someone who enjoys surprising elements in a ride, while having a trill, This is the ride for you. The storytelling is very fun (and could be scary for some), but that is what makes this ride so great. The use of blowing air, fire and lighting bring this indoor coaster to an elite level making this ride a forever Universal classic.

Pros:

-Classic Universal coaster that holds up -Fun use of lighting, elements and story -100% re-ride ability

Cons:

-Queue can get confusing as to what the ride is about to be -The darkness takes some adjusting coming in from the Florida sun -Would have enjoyed more if I HAD GOTTEN MY CUP OF COFFEE!

Reviewed by rahbekah Review Date: 08/03/2021

This coaster is great! I used the Universal Express Pass, so I didn't see the queue or get to understand any of the backstory to the ride, so I was a little lost when riding it. However, it's a great coaster with some great effects (the ceiling catching on fire being one of them) and you go really fast in the dark. Definitely ride it!

Pros:

great themed indoor dark coaster

Cons:

story is a little hard to follow if you aren't paying attention

Reviewed by KSteele Review Date: 07/14/2021

I've never seen The Mummy, but I love this ride. It is a ride!

Pros:

Fun

Cons:

not any

Reviewed by KayleyB17 Review Date: 07/12/2021

Fun coaster but can be a bit scary at times!

Pros:

Interesting theme loved the original movies Love the end cameo

Cons:

Can be a bit scary for kids

Reviewed by PeterPancakes Review Date: 06/02/2021

I didn't expect to like this ride as much as I did. You are warned so many times about how intense it is that I was scared by the time I boarded, but it was so much FUN! Hang onto your glasses if you wear them! The parts where you are completely in the dark and flying around are so thrilling and the storyline is great. Absolutely must ride every time

Pros:

so exciting! great story coaster

Cons:

none. it is perfect

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/27/2021

What can I say, this ride is by far my favorite in all of Universal. Everytime I get off, I just wanna get back on. That’s how fun it is! The story is amazing, the coaster is fast and fun, and the queue is so entertaining. I would recommend this to anyone who’s going to Universal Studios!

Pros:

Great theming, great story, fast and fun coaster, queue is very entertaining!

Cons:

May not be for small children because it is sort of scary and thrilling

Reviewed by FreshlySqueezed2208 Review Date: 05/09/2021

Great Story around the ride. Great animatronics and visual affects. Good mix of 3d screens and standard rollercoaster tracks. Amazing thrill to the ride and overall the best ride in Universal Studios.

Pros:

Thrilling, great storytelling, amazing use of 3d screens and rollercoaster tracks , amazing audio and visual affects.

Cons:

Not for the entire family.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 05/03/2021

Honestly, this was not my favorite ride. Don’t get me wrong, the theming and the ride track itself are amazing. However, it is not for the faint of heart. The theming and everything can be overwhelming not too mention it’s just too loud for me. I can’t even see firework shows because I am terrified of loud noises so this ride really isn’t for me. I feel like those things really made me not enjoy it however ignoring that it is a good ride.

Pros:

Amazing theming. Really fun. Immersive.

Cons:

Really loud, and it can get overwhelming. (If this doesn’t affect you I 100% recommend)

Reviewed by apengmar Review Date: 04/11/2021

The theming is appropriate and fun. A good way to beat the heat. Feels short.

Pros:

Fast coaster.

Cons:

Scary for kids. Really short. Rip Rocket is better.

Other topics in New York Rides and Attractions