Most Recent Reviews

Review of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Reviewed by jdnwebster Review Date: 01/26/2016

This was the second time that we have attended the show. It had been awhile so we were all in agreement that it was a must-do for this trip. We sat in Tier 3 section (upstairs). We basically sat at a long table while eating then our seats swiveled around to watch the show. These were great seats-our view was only blocked when the performers came over to the far corner off the stage. My youngest son and friend's teenage daughter were included in the show. Age range for our group was 11-45. We thoroughly enjoyed everything. It is a little pricey but I don't think any of us had laughed that hard the whole trip. We talked about the show days afterwards too. If you are on the fence, my advice is to GO!

Pros:

Entertaining, great food

Cons:

pricey

Review of Mara - Jambo House

Reviewed by MaAnniee Review Date: 01/27/2016

The burgers were okay, but of the various items tried on this trip everything was meh...

The butternut soup too similar in taste to pumpkin pie and was thicken so much that it was quite congealed.

The pepperoni flatbread pizza was okay, but the vegetable and bbq chicken both had a very sweet drizzle on top. The bbq chicken base was also very sweet and overwhelmed the chicken.

Forgot to get the first caesar salad with dressing on the side and it was so overdressed that is was a soggy mess. Most of it went in the trash. The caesar dressing was emulsified with so much mustard that it was a dominate flavor.

We gave up after these misses and went to Disney Springs and brought back salads and sandwiches from Earl for the times when we wanted something quick and didn't want to eat in the parks.

Pros:

ease of access for those staying at Jambo House

Cons:

quality of food (other than a burger) seriously declined

Review of Boardwalk Inn (Deluxe Resort)

Reviewed by Rmetke Review Date: 01/26/2016

When we checked in,Heather went and upgraded our room to a garden view room on the 5th floor where we were able to see the fireworks at Epcot. The next day we received cookies and milk from the staff. The card said Welcome Home. We also loved the fact that the cleaning staff worked around our schedule and did a great job in our room. 1st time at the Broardwalk and we will be coming back.

Pros:

Loved the location so close to Epcot and studios

Cons:

Quick service choices

Review of Earl of Sandwich

Reviewed by MaAnniee Review Date: 01/27/2016

Ordered several salads (Caesar, Almond Berry, Cobb) and all were excellent and very fresh. Took a couple back to the resort for the next day and lettuce was still crisp.

Sandwiches were good as always. Miss the meatball sub, but have never been disappointed with the Holiday Turkey. My friend, who had never had one, was so pleased that she took one for her flight home.

Had my first breakfast sandwich - BLT - and it was so good I wished we had went back to Disney Springs in the morning just to I could have gotten another.

Pros:

quick service, prices

Review of Landscape of Flavors - Lunch/Dinner

Reviewed by MaAnniee Review Date: 01/27/2016

Was resort hopping and I remembered having a good, healthy meal here on a previous trip. The friend with me has a severe food allergy and when we asked if there was sesame in the Mongolian fish we got "why?". Had to ask for the allergy chef. When the allergy chef finally came, her response was "I don't think so." This answer certainly left room for trip to the emergency room.

Ultimately decided not to get the fish as 1) my friend couldn't be sure if it contained sesame and 2) for me it was that the fist had been setting under a heat lamp and looked dried out.

Got the meatball sub, which was not served on the roll as shown in the picture, but rather two slices of semi-toasted bread that did not work well for a sub sandwich. There was not sauce on the sandwich, just some cheese. Overall meh...

Had to work really hard to get the side salad caesar salad with the dressing on the side. After asking was told that salad was "already mixed". I did say multiple times that I wanted the dressing on the side and finally got a bowl of romaine lettuce (no croutons nor parm cheese) which wasn't particularly crisp.

Overall a disappointment and won't go back.

Pros:

price

Cons:

quality of food; lack of knowledge by the allergy chef

Review of 1900 Park Fare Character Dinner

Reviewed by Floridafan Review Date: 01/27/2016

1/21/16 We arrived at opening, was a bit chaotic, if you have a family member who loves Cinderella, this is the buffet for you. Great photo op is the only reason I could think of anyone going here. I had read so many great reviews of the food,I frankly was shocked over how blah, the food was. The typical Disney buffet, blah, not "bad" but not good food. The beef, sliced paper thin was tasteless and the turkey tasted like processed turkey, very heavily salted, not very appetizing. If you are on the fence about this one, choose something else. Desserts were the best thing about the meal. I also think the service here was slow, and it may have been from the "guaranteed tip" due to us being a party of six. We will not be back and again, if you expect more from this than good character interaction and a few ok desserts, you will be disappointed.

Pros:

Great Character interaction! Desserts were ok

Cons:

Food is fair, mediocre at best,disappointing

Review of Trattoria al forno - Dinner

Reviewed by Floridafan Review Date: 01/27/2016

The food and ambiance here were great. We split a flatbread (one with ham, potatoes and rosemary) for an appetizer, it was good. The bread and olive oil were great. The carbonara and linguine and clams were great. I think I preferred the linguine and clams as I needed to put pepper on the carbonara, but it was still great. The desserts and press pot coffee were excellent! We got the tiramisu, chocolate hazelnut cake and chocolate gelato. Jose was an attentive, fantastic server. We will be back!

Pros:

Food was delicious! Service was great!

Cons:

That I couldn't eat there more/None

Review of Boardwalk Villas (Disney Vacation Club)

Reviewed by Floridafan Review Date: 01/27/2016

January 2016, Updated villa was fabulous! Loved the flatscreens in the living room and bedroom. Love the laminate floors. Outstanding views.This resort is fabulous, great location, wonderful amenities (might have wished to be closer to the elevator at the end of the long nights). Our new favorite resort!

Pros:

Everything! Updates are fabulous!

Cons:

Review of Caribbean Beach Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by DisneyLifer04 Review Date: 02/01/2016

This was our second time staying at the Caribbean Beach resort and it was better than the first. First the rooms were all recently remodeled and we happened to get a room with the foldout bunk sized murphy bed. This made our two girls very happen, no sharing! The staff did a great job cleaning the rooms, although we are pretty easy and usually only ask for clean towels when we remember to say something. Really happy with the food court as usual, we have a tradition now, the first night we get in, it's a pizza and caesar salad to share. The buses made great time, almost every time it was maybe a 5 minute wait, the longest was maybe 15. Out trip was a full week, and this was the first time we spent the whole day at the parks. Usually we would go back to the room for a break around lunch time, to head back out in the afternoon, but no need. However, with that being said, take the break if you need to. Our kids love all the pools at this resort.

Pros:

Remodeled Rooms, Attentive Staff

Review of Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill

Reviewed by DisneyLifer04 Review Date: 02/01/2016

The food was better than we had hoped for. The staff was as great as you would expect them to be, and the character rounds were timed so that you did have a chance to eat between. The only downside, and it's the same for many of the table service places, it took forever. This was a dinner visit for us, and it took about two hours. Not the worse, but to much time away from the parks. As a matter of fact, we saw the characters two times! However, it was a great experience to do at least once, and my kids loved it. So putting my OCD of following a schedule aside, they (my kids) loved the interaction with the chipmunks and as long as I think about that, the time wouldn't stop me from doing this again. I would just plan more time, next time.

Pros:

Great Food

Cons:

Plan for a long time out of the parks
1 1,979 1,980 1,981 1,982 1,983 1,984