Reviews of California Grill

View Menus at California Grill Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian
Full Service

Explore the California Grill Dining Location: http://allears.net/dining/location/california-grill

Dinner Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/dinner

Child's Menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/california-grill/child-dinner

Reviewed by SharW Review Date: 11/14/2013

Dined here on October 16, 2013. We have dined at this restaurant every year for the past 10-12 years. The new look to this restaurant is great. Menu is not as good as in prior years and if you want to make a substitution for one of the side dishes be prepared to pay extra. Had to pay extra for the Truffle Mac & Cheese - was not very good - had better Mac & Cheese out of a box. Food was not as good as in prior years - Yachtsman Steak House is far superior. Waitress was very good. Have always recommended this restaurant in the past, but I even have doubts that we will dine here next October.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Food was not as good as in prior years

Reviewed by melody Review Date: 11/13/2013

I decided to take my family here for appetizers before the Spirits Confidential party. My family & husband had 3 different kinds of sushi and I had the meatballs. The meatballs were so delicious and unique. My husband is from NYC and has had some of the best sushi but absolutely loved the sushi at CA Grill! He said it even topped NYC! Waiter was very friendly and the manager seated us at the sushi counter. We will definitely return!

Reviewed by Joeyvee99 Review Date: 10/09/2013

Have to give a bad review to our favorite Disney restaurant. First off the menu is blah and uninspired. Gone are all the faves. Sushi selections are near non-existent. Had to send the short ribs back due to the huge fat veins running through it. Everything was blah. Highlight were the meatball appys. They were underdone but delicious and I like my meat rare anyway. Some diners may be put off. The server stood there with the water bottle on his neck while he was explaining the menu. Yuck, find another way to cool off. Doubt if I'll give a second chance to this one.

Pros:

decor and ambiance

Cons:

food & menu

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 10/04/2013

Newly remodeled CG is as good as ever. New look isn't a huge difference from the old, in my opinion, but the new platform to watch fireworks was nice. Almost too bright inside when fireworks going off (had some glare issues), but still looks great. Food was spectacular as always, and wine list is ever-evolving and relevant. A must-do for every trip.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Reviewed by AndyE Review Date: 09/30/2013

The new look is amazing, the service is excellent and the food is faultless. Definitely worth the wait and we can't wait to come back.

Reviewed by motohog Review Date: 09/23/2013

Really did a great job of remodling and the food and service was outstanding. The sushi was awesome and we cannot wait to go back.

Pros:

Remodel is awesome and regular servers are back

Cons:

NONE

Reviewed by 1283alex Review Date: 05/23/2013

Location is nice being high up with view and all, but food was average - didn't really feel it was worth extra dining plan points - wouldn't go back again on dining plan or as a paying customer - have been to a lot of fine dining restaurants & this one is simply over-rated - have ate at many other restaurant on Disney property that are better than this

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 01/30/2013

I had the filet, after being disappointed that the bison wasn't on the menu. I have never before had a steak that literally melted in my mouth. I thought it was just a figure of speech, but I was wrong. This was a truly outstanding meal.

Pros:

Some of the best food I've ever eaten

Cons:

Price, but you do get what you pay for

Reviewed by bosslady79 Review Date: 01/23/2013

First time dining here. Absolutely the best! Food was great(sushi, steak, purple potatos, scallops), server was Awesome, fireworks were the best! Will make this a must!

Reviewed by peters Review Date: 01/20/2013

I can't believe I'm giving the CG a poor review, but after at least a dozen wonderful visits there, this was our worst dining experience during our January 2013 trip.

Host staff was pleasant and helpful, but it went down big time once we were seated. Our server visited our table exactly 4 times during the meal... to take the drink order (which was wrong), to take the food order (steaks overdone, no silverware to eat it with), deliver the bill & to collect the payment. I think she literally forgot about us since it appeared her "main" section was a few tables over from us. It didn't help that a guest at the next table obviously worked at the Contemporary as I would say 60% of the staff stopped by to say hi and check on his meal.

Since this is the first time in a dozen + visits that we've had anything less than exemplary service, this was VERY unusual. We had much better service at the AKL Mara quick service.

Pros:

The view

Cons:

(This visit) food preparation & terrible service

Other topics in Contemporary