Tarte a L'Onion Alsacienne
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onions and salt, stirring to combine. Cook 25-30 minutes or until onions are golden and carmelized. Set aside to cool.
4. As onions cool, roll pastry into a 12 inch square on a lightly floured surface. Brush edges lightly with water and fold, creating a 1 1/2 inch border. Press lightly with fork to seal. Prick center of dough 15 times with fork.
5. Place dough on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream. Add cooled onions, thyme and rosemary — stir to combine.
7. Carefully transfer egg – onion mixture to pastry. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
8. Let cool slightly, slice, and enjoy!
Recipe from official “The Best of Epcot Festivals Cookbook” 2016 edition, by Pam Brandon and the Disney Chefs.