The holidays are upon us, and one of our favorite parts has to be all the food!
Sharing food with loved ones is one of the best parts of the holidays, and if you don’t have a signature dish that you bring to the table every year, then you’re in luck! D23 just dropped this holiday dessert recipe that you’re gonna want to try!
D23 released a Jewish Apple Cake recipe, and we’re gonna show you how to make it! Here’s what you’ll need.
- 6 medium apples (Gala, Fuji, Honey Crisp or Granny Smith apples)
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 11/2 tsp cinnamon
- 23/4 cups of all-purpose flour – sifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
You’ll also need a tube or bundt cake pan!
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Peel and core your apples, then cut into thin slices.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together, then add to apples and mix.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, juice, and vanilla together.
- Add the sugar, oil, juice, and vanilla mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add eggs one egg at a time, mixing well between each egg.
- Grease the cake pan, and add a thin layer of batter.
- Using a slotted spoon, add a layer of apples.
- Add layers of batter and apples until the pan is full, and finish with apples on top!
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool, then flip it out of the pan! Optional: top with powdered sugar!
And that’s how you make it! Make sure to try out this recipe this holiday season, and stay tuned to AllEars for all the latest Disney news!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you gonna try this Jewish Apple Cake recipe? Let us know in the comments!