Disney World is currently celebrating its 50th Anniversary.
We’ve seen 50th Anniversary merchandise, snacks, and more. But, Magic Kingdom isn’t the only thing that opened in 1971. Disney’s Contemporary Resort opened on that day too and recently, Cast Members celebrated the 50th Anniversary in a way that was 25 years in the making!
25 years ago Cast Members at Disney’s Contemporary Resort did a unique thing — they buried a time capsule at the resort! The Cast Members placed a number of things in there to celebrate the anniversary of the Resort’s dedication.
The time capsule was buried in the ground in front of the flag poles at the Contemporary with a plaque that read: “To be opened at 50th Anniversary, 10/25/2021. ‘Remember the Magic.’”
Well, October 25th, 2021 already took place and…the time capsule was opened! Some special Cast Members were selected to be the first to see what was inside the time capsule. A few of them are actually celebrating their 50-year service anniversaries during the 50th Anniversary of Disney World — how exciting!
Just what was inside? Well, there was a limited-edition 15th anniversary commemorative coin for Disney’s Contemporary Resort, name tags…
…an employee newspaper featuring the Cake Castle…
If you’re wondering where these items will go now, they’ve been archived and kept safe for future generations to look back on.
Click the link below to watch the Cast Members open it up and see what was inside!
What an exciting thing to have been a part of! What would you put in a Disney-themed time capsule of your own? Tell us in the comments! And stay tuned to AllEars for more Disney news!
More Stories About Disney World
- WARNING: Don’t Let This Important Closure Impact Your ’Ohana Dining Reservation
- Hide and Seek in Hollywood Studios?! We’re Taking on a HUGE Disney World Challenge!
- We’re Planning a Full Week of Disney Outfits For You!
- Disney World Pros Know THIS Is the Most Reliable Park 🤫
- SAVE on Your Hotel Stay With This Brightline Train DEAL
- You Might Want To AVOID EPCOT on April 21st
- Why Disney World Won’t Fix Its Ugly Construction Problem Anytime Soon
- How Much Will a Lighting Lane Cost for Disney World’s NEW Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Ride?
- Will Space Mountain CHANGE in Magic Kingdom?
- 5 Disney World Rides Are Now Hopelessly Outdated. But Do They Have to Change?