Cruise ships have begun sailings once again following a lengthy hiatus due to the pandemic. Even with cruising coming back, there are many health protocols in place for the safety of the crew as well as passengers.
For travelers looking to sail on a cruise ship in the coming months, additional considerations and guidance could be put into effect for sailings with stops in the Bahamas.
A new Emergency Powers put forward by the Bahamas Customs Department states that a cruise ship which is on a passenger voyage may not enter a port in the Bahamas (including private stops) unless the Captain or Master of the ship transmits a vaccination status for all people onboard to the Port Medical Officer, including verification that everyone ages 12 and older is vaccinated, and that the cruise ship is complying with all health protocols.
There will be some exceptions available for crew, contractors, and non-revenue passengers onboard, as well as ships that are attempting to call a port in an emergency. Exceptions may also be available for passengers who are ineligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to medical reasons.
This new measure would be in effective from September 3rd until November 1st. At this time, it is not clear yet how Disney Cruise Line would specifically adopt and enforce this guidance, including stops at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, which is located in the Bahamas.
As of this writing, Disney Cruise Line “strongly encourages” passengers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to sailing; guests who are not vaccinated will be required to have at least two COVID-19 tests.
We’ll keep a close watch on this new guidance coming out of the Bahamas and we will let you know as soon as we learn more about how this could impact future sailings on Disney Cruise Line and other major cruise companies.
Do you have an upcoming reservation on Disney Cruise Line? Let us know in the comments!
More Disney News!
- Listen to the NEW Disney’s Hotel New York — The Art of Marvel Remixed Album
- Space 220 Opens, Rise of the Resistance Ditches Boarding Groups, and MORE Disney News!
- NEWS: Marvel Files Suit to Maintain Ownership of Several ‘Avengers’ Characters
- PHOTOS: Where to Find 50th Anniversary Decorations OUTSIDE of Disney World
- NEWS: CDC Issues New Guidance On COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots
- NEWS: Universal Orlando Updates Dress Code to Allow for Visible Tattoos and More
- D23’s “Magical Milestones” Series Returns to Celebrate Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
- NEWS: Report Shows Disney World Attendance Dropped 67% in 2020
- Disney Branded Television’s New President Has Been Announced
- More Retailers Announced for Disney’s Flamingo Crossings Shopping Center
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!