Grim grinning ghosts are materializing for the Haunted Mansion‘s 50th anniversary in Disneyland.
And to celebrate Disney is throwing an “under the hill” soiree!
What does that mean, you ask? Well, in August you will be able to attend “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving”, which will be an after-hours event at Disneyland park.
A few of the ghoulish delights on offer include:
- A 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off moment along the Rivers of America, where Madame Leota will materialize to make a special appearance by doing a “Swinging Wake.”
- Lively musicians, dancers, and performers
- Themed photo backdrops and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads taken throughout the event.
- Mansion-themed food and beverages and unique menu items.
- Character interactions with our beloved Mansion favorites from beyond the grave.
- Spooky-themed décor
- Access to select attractions in New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland. It is important to note that a few of these attractions will close early during the event.
- Limited-time Snapchat filters.
- Very limited Mansion Merch will be available at the event store
Random Selection Process Merchandise
There will also be a large number of Random Selection Process merchandise items that will be offered to guests attending The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving event. This merchandise will be purchased BEFORE the event and you must submit your RSP Preference sheet by July 1. Please note that this merch is NOT guaranteed and will only be available while supplies last.
Let’s hop on our doom buggies and explore a few of the pieces that are up for grabs.
This limited edition Haunted Mansion clock pin is retailing for $17.99.
These Mickey Ears will feature a Haunted Mansion pin, gold trim accents, and metallic printed art for a “ghosted effect.” They will be selling for $24.99.
This Haunted Mansion headband will be a part of the all-new designer headband collection. They were created by Disney Imagineer Kim Irvine and are velvet with embroidered patches inspired by elements from the Haunted Mansion’s Séance Circle scene, as well as art from Disney Legend Marc Davis printed on the back. A faux leather embroidered raven with red gem eyes sits between the themed ears just behind a replica of Madame Leota’s crystal ball. These ears will cost $78.
Another really cool piece we spotted was the Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversay Camp Shirt. It’ll cost $59.99.
And last but not least, we wanted to showcase the Dress Shop Haunted Mansion Wallpaper Dress. This stunning dress will have POCKETS and you can get it for $128.
Now these items don’t even scratch the surface on all of the Random Selection Process merchandise that’s available for this event. Click here to see it all and to learn more about the process!
A LIMITED NUMBER of tickets for BOTH event nights will be available starting this Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time. Tickets are $299 per guest. Click here for the full schedule and a link to purchase tickets.
Disney also notes that guests can purchase one ticket per person, per event date, per transaction. You might wonder why. It’s due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event, which require each ticketed event guest to have a unique registration ID. Remember that daunting detail, when buying your tickets!
So dress in your Mansion-inspired gear, and get ready for the retirement party of the century!
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!