Reviews of Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Grand Floridian Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/04/2021

Best dinner

Pros:

The portion sizes are big and the food is delicious and has special items! I got the chicken dinner and it was sooo good! The fried chicken is battered in cornflake breading that adds an amazing flavor and the mashed potatoes were delicious! My husband got the lobster burger and he said it was amazing as well!

Cons:

Hard to get a reservation sometimes,portion size can be a little big sometimes!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/04/2021

Amazing! Was shocked at how great this food was. Just a short boat ride from MK. Great way to leave the park for a breather. Cocktails and food were incredible. Worth the price!

Pros:

Great food. Short boat ride from MK. Great atmosphere

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/20/2021

This restaurant is a must-do midday break from Magic Kingdom. We had reservations for 1 pm for our family of seven. It was the perfect time to escape the heat and crowds of the park and take the quick monorail ride over to the Grand Floridian. The fried chicken and waffles were a huge hit, although the sriracha glaze was not as flavorful as we had hoped. The chipotle Bloody Mary made up for the flavor deficit. It was on the spicy side for Disney and had a nice kick. Overall a great lunch.

Pros:

Excellent service; very attentive to food allergies; convenient table service near Magic Kingdom. Breakfast menu still available at lunch.

Cons:

Caesar Salad was just OK.

Reviewed by tinkerbell17 Review Date: 09/10/2021

My family and I absolutely loved this restaurant. We all found something on the menu to love. I HIGHLY recommend the fried chicken it was delicious (and I don’t even like chicken so that’s saying a lot). The service was fantastic. We had a problem with one of our dishes and they provided us with a new dish in just a few minutes. They took the price of the dish off the bill and gave everyone at the table a free dessert (which were all amazing). We loved this meal so much we ended up eating there 3 times during our stay (once we got it to go which is a great hack it u would rather not have a sit down meal). 10/10 would recommend!

Pros:

Great food, amazing service, beautiful theming, and they did a great job catering to the allergies in our party

Reviewed by M2Mc Review Date: 03/05/2021

I can't wait to go back here. Our food and drinks were AMAZING! And on top of that we had the nicest gentleman waiting on our table. So sweet, we were celebrating my fiance's birthday and I'm gluten free so instead of bringing him cake, he brought him ice cream for us to share. If you have a chance to come have a meal here, I highly recommend it!

Pros:

Atmosphere is awesome, Service is amazing, Food is WONDERFUL

Cons:

N/A

Reviewed by ProfM Review Date: 01/20/2021

I ordered a BLT which was not on the menu but was suggested by the waiter. It was a large sandwich with a lot of bacon and half a head of lettuce.

I'd lunch there again, but I'd be more careful about what I ordered. Also, the restaurant was virtually empty and it took a LONG time for my BLT to come out.

Pros:

Good lemonade and nice environment.

Cons:

Slow service...

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/29/2020

Love this restaurant. I dream about the Lobster "thermidore" burger and french onion soup. Great cheese board and key lime pie. Easy access for a break from Magic Kingdom or if you are a MK resort area guest.

Pros:

Food Location

Cons:

Can get a little chilly so bring a sweater

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/04/2020

I had incredibly high hopes for Grand Floridian Cafe after seeing and reading about it being a "hidden gem". We were seated almost immediately, and everything on the menu sounded incredible. However, things started to take a turn for the worst. It took 20 minutes after we were seated to get our drink order put in, and another 15 for us to actually get our drinks. Once we ordered, we waited for close to an hour only for our food to be brought out almost cold. The Lobster Thermidore Burger was on my food bucket list for this trip, and I was completely disappointed. The lobster felt like I was chewing on rubber, the sauce had no flavor, and the patty was cold. I thought my french fries would be my saving grace, but they were all soggy and cold. The Caesar salad was the best part of my meal, and I believe I only felt this way because I was so hungry. My sister ordered the Steak and Scallops, only to find quite a bit of sand in her scallops. The steak was average for your typical table-service steak. My boyfriend ordered the Salmon (which we had also heard high praise about), and it was just average. It then took another 30 minutes after we were finished eating to get our check, 20 minutes for our waitress to take it, and another 20 for us to get it back. I feel as if we wasted our table service credits on a meal that was worse than most quick-service locations. I am so disappointed in Grand Floridian Cafe.

Pros:

Convenient location by monorail

Cons:

Slow service, bland food

Reviewed by skipperina Review Date: 03/21/2020

We really liked this restaurant on our last trip. My daughter and husband would give this place a 10/10. We went back twice last trip (per their request) and it was one of the two restaurants they request to do again this trip. The food and service were good. Location is beautiful and relaxing.

Pros:

Good food, beautiful location, relaxing, good service

Cons:

A little "boring" for a Disney restaurant, but a great place to go when you need a more relaxing meal

Reviewed by sanopa10 Review Date: 02/24/2020

the grand Floridian Cafe is a great place to eat but there are better places within the Grand Floridian to go to. lobster Thermador burger is amazing. pork chops is great, as well as the artisanal cheese plate. our waiter was super knowledgeable and super nice. we also go a free cupcake for celebrating our honeymoon.

Pros:

convenient, goof meal, great staff

Cons:

wouldn't be the first on my list to go back to

Other topics in Grand Floridian Resort and Spa