Reviews of Grand Floridian Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Grand Floridian Cafe

Grand Floridian Cafe

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by ProfM Review Date: 01/20/2021

I ordered a BLT which was not on the menu but was suggested by the waiter. It was a large sandwich with a lot of bacon and half a head of lettuce.

I'd lunch there again, but I'd be more careful about what I ordered. Also, the restaurant was virtually empty and it took a LONG time for my BLT to come out.

Pros:

Good lemonade and nice environment.

Cons:

Slow service...

Reviewed by JanelleB Review Date: 04/29/2020

Love this restaurant. I dream about the Lobster "thermidore" burger and french onion soup. Great cheese board and key lime pie. Easy access for a break from Magic Kingdom or if you are a MK resort area guest.

Pros:

Food Location

Cons:

Can get a little chilly so bring a sweater

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/04/2020

I had incredibly high hopes for Grand Floridian Cafe after seeing and reading about it being a "hidden gem". We were seated almost immediately, and everything on the menu sounded incredible. However, things started to take a turn for the worst. It took 20 minutes after we were seated to get our drink order put in, and another 15 for us to actually get our drinks. Once we ordered, we waited for close to an hour only for our food to be brought out almost cold. The Lobster Thermidore Burger was on my food bucket list for this trip, and I was completely disappointed. The lobster felt like I was chewing on rubber, the sauce had no flavor, and the patty was cold. I thought my french fries would be my saving grace, but they were all soggy and cold. The Caesar salad was the best part of my meal, and I believe I only felt this way because I was so hungry. My sister ordered the Steak and Scallops, only to find quite a bit of sand in her scallops. The steak was average for your typical table-service steak. My boyfriend ordered the Salmon (which we had also heard high praise about), and it was just average. It then took another 30 minutes after we were finished eating to get our check, 20 minutes for our waitress to take it, and another 20 for us to get it back. I feel as if we wasted our table service credits on a meal that was worse than most quick-service locations. I am so disappointed in Grand Floridian Cafe.

Pros:

Convenient location by monorail

Cons:

Slow service, bland food

Reviewed by skipperina Review Date: 03/21/2020

We really liked this restaurant on our last trip. My daughter and husband would give this place a 10/10. We went back twice last trip (per their request) and it was one of the two restaurants they request to do again this trip. The food and service were good. Location is beautiful and relaxing.

Pros:

Good food, beautiful location, relaxing, good service

Cons:

A little "boring" for a Disney restaurant, but a great place to go when you need a more relaxing meal

Reviewed by sanopa10 Review Date: 02/24/2020

the grand Floridian Cafe is a great place to eat but there are better places within the Grand Floridian to go to. lobster Thermador burger is amazing. pork chops is great, as well as the artisanal cheese plate. our waiter was super knowledgeable and super nice. we also go a free cupcake for celebrating our honeymoon.

Pros:

convenient, goof meal, great staff

Cons:

wouldn't be the first on my list to go back to

Reviewed by JustDucky Review Date: 12/27/2019

We had a nice dinner here. The sirloin steak and scallops were quite good. My son had the lobster thermidor burger and really enjoyed it. Husband had steak that was ok - just a little tough cut of meat.

Pros:

Great break and escape on a Magic Kingdom day. Good service. Well managed.

Reviewed by Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/30/2019

Ate here on the first night of my most recent WDW visit, and was just as good as ever. Had no reservation, but went right when they reopened for dinner at 5PM, and was seated right away. Had the impossible burger and a sidecar, and was very pleased. If you've never had an impossible burger, you simply must try it, as it's scary how meat-like it is. Drink was great, strong, and a fraction of the price of the exact same one as at the new (and disappointing) enchanted rose bar. Service was great. Even though prices are reasonable, they also have a DVC discount which helps. GF Cafe remains a must-do on every trip.

Pros:

Excellent food and location.

Reviewed by maddox4 Review Date: 04/24/2019

We enjoyed this restaurant a few years ago but were back in March (2019) and it did not disappoint. I ordered the shrimp and grits entree and it was delicious. Husband had the cafe sandwich and he said he would definitely order again. Waiter (can't remember his name sorry to say) was wonderful as well and we didn't have to wait long for our food. And for those of us that in our real lives don't tend to eat at fancier restaurants it is a little expensive but that is what we save all year for--to splurge at Disney!

Pros:

Food was good and waitstaff excellent

Cons:

maybe price--just depends what you are used to

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

I am preparing for my 10th trip to Disney World and Grand Floridian Cafe has become a favorite of my over the years. Located in the undeniable opulent Grand Floridian Resort, this restaurant looks like it was plucked directly from a painting of a Grand Victorian resort of the late 19th century. I love how every time I visit I feel like I have found the secret place where the service is outstanding, the food is delicious, and the view and ambiance incredible. On our last visit, my husband couldn't resist the burger with lobster on it. My son, who is insanely picky, had very specific instructions for his steak and his side dishes. Everything came out perfectly cooked and exactly as he expected. Bonus - they had Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce - much to his delight! The Chocolate Fondue dessert was the perfect ending to an outstanding dinner! I would highly recommend trying Grand Floridian Cafe - I know that it is a must on my dining list for every trip.

Pros:

Friendly attentive staff, delicious food cooked to specifications, incredible views, opulent ambiance, a quick monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom

Cons:

none - this place is GREAT!!!!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

My daughter had multiple food allergies. She has only eaten at a restaurant one time in her 14 years and that was at Disney. This year, we hit 4 different Disney restaurants- with Grand Floridian Café being a double hitter. The chef came out and prepared her the best pork chops and then came back and asked about what she could have for dessert. I told him the only sweet things she eats in Enjoy Life snickerdoodles. I said I had never seem them on site, so we didn't need anything. He asked us to wait a few minutes. He went back and soon came out with a big plate piled high with a dozen cookies- he'd seen them stocking boxes earlier in the day in the store and remember them. It was a new item! She was SO excited. He made hew feel very special- and normal (which is a big deal when you have lots of allergies).She asked to come back later in the trip just to see him again- and get more pork chops.

Pros:

Great food- made especially for my daughter. Wonderful caring chef who went out of his way!

Cons:

Can't think for any- I can't even remember what I ate because I was so happy to see her eating out.

Other topics in Grand Floridian Resort and Spa