Disney is making major changes to the way you plan your vacation and we’re unpacking all the details.
The new Disney Parks planning service, Disney Genie has FINALLY gotten an official release season and we’ve learned a lot more details. The new service will offer guests different levels of services (some free, some not) to help plan a personalized itinerary in both Disney World and Disneyland. But, what is Disney Genie and more importantly — how much will it cost?
Disney Genie (Complimentary Service)
First off, some good news: The base Disney Genie service will be completely free to all guests of Disney World and Disneyland! The new service will be available through the MyDisneyExperience app for Disney World, and the Disneyland app for Disneyland Resort.
This complimentary service will include:
- Personalized Itineraries & Tip Board (with Attractions Status, Showtimes, Dining Availability, and Standby Wait Times)
- Forecasted Future Wait Times
- Virtual Assistant
- Restaurant Wait List, Check-In, & Reservations
- Mobile Order
- Attraction Virtual Queues
Disney Genie+ (Available for Purchase)
The next level of the service is Disney Genie+. This will be replacing the now-retired Fastpass+ service in Disney World and MaxPass in Disneyland. As a note, Fastpass+ was a free service and Disney Genie+ is paid.
The price for Disney Genie+ is $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort (the same price as the previous MaxPass service) and $15 per ticket per day at Disney World. Guests will be able to purchase in advance, but will not be able to make their selections of rides until day of.
This level of the service will include:
- Lightning Lane (the replacement for the Fastpass or MaxPass queue) for more than 15 attractions at Disneyland Resort and more than 40 attractions at Walt Disney World Resort (one selection at a time, throughout the day, subject to availability)
- Disney World Disney Photopass Augmented Reality Lenses
- Disneyland Disney Photopass downloads from the day
- Audio Experiences
You can also purchase Lightning Lane for some individual attractions not included in Disney Genie+. This purchase can be made in addition to or instead of Disney Genie+.
At this time, pricing for this option has not been announced but it will vary by date, attraction, and park. Keep an eye on AllEars for the pricing as we get closer to the launch of Disney Genie.
These selections will include higher-demanded attractions like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Radiator Springs Racers, Rise of the Resistance, and more.
While an official launch date has not been announced, Disney Genie will make its debut this fall at both Disneyland and Disney World.
Stay tuned to AllEars for all of the details about Disney Genie. We’ll be unpacking the new service and answering your questions!
What do you think of the pricing? Tell us in the comments!