It’s been a 10-year journey for the Wizard World of Harry Potter as Hogsmeade debuted back in 2010, leading all the way up to the dual-park adventure we have now.
Although we can’t get enough of Universal Orlando’s Harry Potter inspired areas, it seems like the theme park officials are ready to continue creating even more.
According to People Magazine, chief creative officer and senior vice president for Universal Creative Thierry Coup has stated Harry Potter’s journal with the parks isn’t done yet.
When he reminisced about Hogsmeade’s grand opening, he stated that “I remember people coming to hug me and tearing up. When I had the chance to take the cast through, even they were moved. For so many years, they had been on the set and they had seen parts and pieces of that world — and now, being there, they were touching the actual walls. It was really so magical for them.”
Coup believes that one of the reasons that the Wizarding World became such a success was due to the amazing creatives who helped build the Forbidden Journey. He continued that, “The whole idea of creating a flying experience was the holy grail, being able to achieve that sensation, to fly along with Harry Potter and his friends, that was an achievement. We had to create new technology for that. Bringing our magic to the tech side of it was a major achievement in 2010.”
However, since then, the technology and details have continued to get grander in Diagon Alley. The signs, stores, restaurants, and entrances were scaled to the movies and books, rather than what regular theme park guidelines would dictate. Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure has even given guests the chance to go to the Forbidden Forest, on top of the other sights in both parks.
After the completion of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, though, Coup has said that he has a desire to continue expanding. He has noted, “When you see the guests’ reactions, it just creates so many wonderful memories for them. People are even inspired to read the books for the first time! They take their children and they discover the world of Harry Potter. That’s huge for us. This is a business of emotion, bringing fun and smiles to everyone.”
With that being the case, Coup doesn’t believe Universal is done telling the Harry Potter story yet. He specified, “You think about what has happened with Harry Potter in the past 10 years beyond our theme parks — The Cursed Child, the eight movies, Fantastic Beasts, the mobile game Wizards Unite. The Wizarding World is not resting. It keeps building.”
While we are THRILLED to see what Universal comes up with for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, we’ll keep you updated with details on what’s in store for the parks!
What is your favorite part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Let us know in the comments below!
- AllEars TV: You Made Me Do WHAT in Universal?!
- You Know You’ve Been to Universal Orlando Too Many Times When…
- Universal Passholders Can Get a Free Room Upgrade at Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- The Seven Things We’re Most Excited to do at Universal Orlando in 2021
- PHOTOS: VelociCoaster, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and More from Our Day at Universal!
- The NEW Universal Annual Passholder Magnet is a Foodie’s Dream Come True!
- NEWS! Universal Orlando Announces Mardi Gras 2021 International Flavors of Carnival
- Five Mediocre Attractions at Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando You Should Ride for One AMAZING Animatronic
- DEAL ALERT: Save BIG on Your 2021 Universal Orlando Trip With New Special Offers
- AllEars TV: Disney Fans React to Harry Potter World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to get the FULL List of Spells at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Click here to get started!