Since Disney World’s phased reopening began, several entertainment offerings have remained temporarily suspended and are unavailable at this time, including fireworks.
Tonight, those in the immediate resort area may hear a sound that they haven’t heard since March: the sound of fireworks.
That’s because Disney World will be performing what they are calling “routine fireworks testing” at Magic Kingdom between the hours of 10PM and 12AM. A Community Update was posted on Facebook to warn locals about the late-night noise.
Disney continued in their notice to remind us all that “fireworks performances and other nighttime spectaculars in our parks remain temporarily unavailable until further notice.” While we don’t know if Disney is testing to bring shows back soon, or if this is simply routine maintenance to make sure the mechanics are still safe and in good working condition, it’ll nevertheless be exciting to hear some fireworks this evening!
We’ll continue to keep a close watch on Disney World and will let you know when we hear more news on when we can expect fireworks and other nighttime spectaculars to return!
Which nighttime spectacular at Disney World has been your all-time favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- PHOTOS: A Baby Zebra Was Born in Disney World Today!
- How Could the New Social Distancing Guidelines Change Disney World?
- Don’t Go to Disney World Without Packing This Essential Accessory
- How Long Are the Lines in Disney World Right Now?
- A Popular Disney World Ride Now Opens Later Each Day
- PHOTOS: Another Dining Location Has Reopened in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Set Sail with Disney Cruise Line Souvenirs and Treats in Disney World!
- A NEW Spot in Disney’s Hollywood Studios Is Using a Virtual Queue
- PHOTOS: Frozen Sing-Along Celebration Reduces Physical Distancing in Disney World
- Changes Made to Physical Distancing at a Disney’s Hollywood Studios Show